What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears to take manly licence ?

Zerô

Juniors
So, let's just say that Manly fold - let's just pretend for a minute....

We know that the NRL have said no more bailing clubs out. So what do the NRL do? These are the options that I can see:

• Move the Sea Eagles brand to the Central Coast
  • Let the brand die or resurect itself in the NSW Cup and give the licence to Perth, Brisbane 2 or NZ2
  • Give the licence to the Bears to be the North Sydney team
  • Send the Sea Eagles brand to South Australia to begin laying the ground work for re-inclusion in 10 - 15 years time as the Adelaide Sea Eagles
Can anyone think of any other options? My preference, if this scenario were to happen would be Eagles brand to Central Coast. What do others prefer?

The reason the CC have never been included in expansion is because it's the NRL's fall back for when the next Sydney team folds.

So if, as an example, the Sharks or the Tigers were to fold, they'd be relocated to the CC.

In the event of Manly going under, I can't see them moving there, because it's happened before and didn't work.

If Manly for the arse, I see Bears getting their CC license, and Manly relocated in the next expansion, preferably not Perth If they want to keep the Sea Eagles name.

Zerô

Juniors
CC seems like the NRLs version of Tasmania for AFL. Locked down area that would take a team tomorrow but would seem a bit too ‘small win’ to put to much money or effort towards

That's pretty damn accurate.

Only way Tas get a full time team is of North move

Vozzy

Juniors
You need Manly cos they are one of the Sydney teams everyone hates. People who live there are in a bubble they never travel past the bridge, chatswood or Terry Hills. Going over seas to them is going to bondi.

It's like Cartman needing Kyle he would be bored if he wasn't around to pick on.