What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beatie has a plan

T-Boon

Coach
You don't see the irony in attacking RL players as dumb from your patched up ivory tower, while using words (sic) like "austrosize" in the very same criticism? Words fail me... :joy:

I am not really attacking the players (they are just kids have got by on their sports talent since 14 or so) as much as the clubs and the NRL for not seeing the obvious culture and doing something about it. That is dumb.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Beattie should treat these clubs like they are school children. Like run a "break even 101" course.
Lesson 1: revenue $10m?...dont spend $12 mill.....spend $10mill.
Lesson 2: how to spend $10mil not $12m. See the 3 defensive coaches you have? get rid of one of them and cut the wage for the other 2.
Lesson 3: how to increase revenue.

Actually the problem is just an accounting trick that the Newspapers never challenge.

Clubs spend that $12mil because their revenue actually IS $12mil. When they say they only made $10mil and they are going broke, they are excluding Leagues club grants. The problem with this complaint is that the LC grant will always be there. If they didnt have the money, they wouldnt be spending it.

So what we have is a permanent "deficit" that the clubs are creating ON PURPOSE!!! It does not matter how much you give them, they will always spend that AND the LC grant, then complain about being "broke". Its just an accounting trick to block expansion and take a bit more money from the ARLC.

Stallion

First Grade
Actually the problem is just an accounting trick that the Newspapers never challenge.

Clubs spend that $12mil because their revenue actually IS $12mil. When they say they only made $10mil and they are going broke, they are excluding Leagues club grants. The problem with this complaint is that the LC grant will always be there. If they didnt have the money, they wouldnt be spending it.

So what we have is a permanent "deficit" that the clubs are creating ON PURPOSE!!! It does not matter how much you give them, they will always spend that AND the LC grant, then complain about being "broke". Its just an accounting trick to block expansion and take a bit more money from the ARLC.

I certainly hope its not intended to block expansion! Extra clubs should be seen as a positive for the code? That negative logic would only apply if the implosion logic was adopted ? Otherwise understand that they would be new opponents and the more the merrier! That's the way it should be approached!

Last edited:

beave

Coach
I grew up in a housing commission area of Townsville, I now feel Austrocized because I didn’t have the high level schooling to teach me the same vocabulary flair or grasp of Her Majesty’s tongue as T-Goon.

T-Goon, we bow to your superior intellect and vocabulary skills.

Canard

Immortal
I grew up in a housing commission area of Townsville, I now feel Austrocized because I didn’t have the high level schooling to teach me the same vocabulary flair or grasp of Her Majesty’s tongue as T-Goon.

T-Goon, we bow to your superior intellect and vocabulary skills.

Try growing up in rural FNQ, your accent would be considered "posh"!

M2D2

Bench
You meatheads have had control of league for too long. It is time for brainiacs like me and Peter Beattie to take over.
#timesup
hahaha-good-one.jpg

Pedge1971

First Grade
"I think the Government has got it right. Parramatta stadium is going to be a real hit. Near the station, the shops, the restaurants and bars … what a great day out that will be."

LOL WUT
Its nowhere near the f**kin station

Unless they have moved to a new location I have walked to Parra Stadium and back plenty of times from the station.

Grow a pair of legs and breathe.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Beattie needs to man up and say: we need Perth, Brisbane 2, Wellington, PNG, Adelaide, Christchurch, Fiji, and a fifth Queensland club in the NRL.

First, at the beginning of the next TV deal, go to 20 clubs with Perth, Brisbane 2, Wellington and PNG, making 20 clubs, Then at the end of the next TV deal prepare Adelaide, Christchurch, Fiji and the fifth Queensland club for the expansion to 24 clubs.

And a French team right?