What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Before you cut your wrists...

bull shark

Juniors
Just checked out some score from last year.

In the first 5 rounds St George won 1 game, and Parramatta won 2. Neither had a bye. They went on to be 1 and 2 in the Minor Premiership.

What does this prove? Nothing - except that the only important thing where you are after round 26 not where you are after round 5.

Perhaps some of you guys who delight in finding fault with everything might try to support the team for a few weeks - just to see how it feels. Who knows you might have a new experience

Inferno

Coach
:roll:

If the team is playing sh*t, why should I support what they are doing?

If you bothered to read most of the threads, you would know people don't care about where the team is right now. They worried (and justifiably so) about how crap the team is playing.

That said, tonights game was easily our best of the Season so Im not too unhappy.

what a great post

i'm so happy now that we lost and that our coach is a joke and that things wont improve quickly and that i'm supporting a team quickly sliding out of top 8 contention

mr_sharks

Juniors
KOT - get off your f**king high horse and see tonight's performance for what it was, a bloody good effort and a great game. On that performance we will make the semi finals and beat most other teams. A great improvement and looking forward to the next match when we get back a few very experienced and talented players.
I am very interested to hear why our coach is a "joke". Is that because last year Noddy dragged the team down after a great start to the year? Is it because at round 5 this year we aren't winning the comp? FFS premierships aren't won in April.

Inferno

Coach
mr_sharks said:
KOT - get off your f**king high horse and see tonight's performance for what it was, a bloody good effort and a great game. On that performance we will make the semi finals and beat most other teams. A great improvement and looking forward to the next match when we get back a few very experienced and talented players.
I am very interested to hear why our coach is a "joke". Is that because last year Noddy dragged the team down after a great start to the year? Is it because at round 5 this year we aren't winning the comp? FFS premierships aren't won in April.

wtf are you talking about, how can you say we will make the 8 and not only that win semis based on that performance. Im not sure if your aware or not BUT WE LOST THE f**kEN GAME and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

Your right, premierships aren't won in April. They are won in September but we wouldn't know anything about that either would we.

Given our sub-standard opposition, except for tonight we should have won 3/4, but instead we are 1/4.

If you only want to look at the positives and ignore the negatives, fun. But don't f**ken tell other people how to see the game.

mr_sharks

Juniors
Inferno said:
wtf are you talking about, how can you say we will make the 8 and not only that win semis based on that performance. Im not sure if your aware or not BUT WE LOST THE f**kEN GAME and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

Your right, premierships aren't won in April. They are won in September but we wouldn't know anything about that either would we.

Given our sub-standard opposition, except for tonight we should have won 3/4, but instead we are 1/4.

If you only want to look at the positives and ignore the negatives, fun. But don't f**ken tell other people how to see the game.

Yeah yeah, a loss is a loss is a loss.
Of course I would have preferred to have won the other matches, but on tonight's improvement we have a big shot in 2006. The Roosters will be a force this year, and once we get Vagana and Gallen back we will too.

Card Shark

Immortal
We lose Versus a (relatively) average team.

Tigers & Dragueens lose V good teams.

what hope do we have??

The Popper

Bench
The only thing that counts is being able to cheer your team's win at the end of a Grand Final. We haven't experienced that yet.

Feej

First Grade
The Popper said:
The only thing that counts is being able to cheer your team's win at the end of a Grand Final. We haven't experienced that yet.
And the way it looks now, a few of us will be cold in the ground before that happens.

SadShark

Bench
Feej & The Popper - you've just said it. bull Shark and mr sharks are the reason why this club gets away with delivering crap with a ribbon wrapped around it. There is no problem as it would seem to be the worst performed team in the history of the NRL.

Truly a proud record of underachievement are the Cronulla Sharks. Let's not be too critical now shall we?

2002 was the last time the Sharks were in with a real chance. I'm getting impatient.

You can keep inconsistent, mistake ridden football. You can have the improvement is just around the corner bollocks, cliches of a team waiting to gel, of premierships not being won in April.

I've heard all that crap since about 1975. All of the "this is our year, this time it'll be different." It never is. September and October come around each year, and the numbers keep stacking up.

All I can say if your waiting don't hold your breath.

Feej

First Grade
I've gotta say I'm over the whole thing.

I'll still go to games when I can and watch on the box, but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we will never do it.

And that's pretty sad.

sharkmachine07

Juniors
just support the bloody team u gotta get through the tough times and the good times just have faith. Get behind the boys and be vocal at games give em sumthin to play for and stop the crap with baging players really pissing me of. y dont u go out there and give it ago it is not that easy be supportive fans.

emetic

Juniors
Inferno said:

no they're not they are won in october :lol:

Dread

Juniors
just support the bloody team u gotta get through the tough times and the good times just have faith. Get behind the boys and be vocal at games give em sumthin to play for and stop the crap with baging players really pissing me of. y dont u go out there and give it ago it is not that easy be supportive fans.

I think, as someone who spent all of last night's game chanting and screaming and willing the boys to succeed, it's fair for me to come back and be disappointed.

mr_sharks said:
KOT - get off your f**king high horse and see tonight's performance for what it was, a bloody good effort and a great game.
WTF are you talking about mr_spud?
It may have made good theatre but it wasnt a 'great' game
The Sharks were ordinary at best and managed to come back against a side that had two short and clocked off early.

On that performance we will make the semi finals
Wrong.

and beat most other teams.
Wrong.

A great improvement
A mild improvement on our abominable first three games.

and looking forward to the next match when we get back a few very experienced and talented players.
Obviously

I am very interested to hear why our coach is a "joke".
Where do I begin?
No tactics, no drive for innovation, no pursuit of excellence, just mediocrity.

Is that because last year Noddy dragged the team down after a great start to the year?
Bit of a hatchet job on Noddy there. Part of the reason Noddy is struggling is because he has to be captain-coach because Raper isnt up to the job.

Is it because at round 5 this year we aren't winning the comp?
He doesnt even look like winning the comp, ever. Does anyone seriously think Raper can win a competition?

FFS premierships aren't won in April.
No theyre not
Theyre won by the team who performs best in the playoffs
Which we wont even be participating in, considering the atrocious footy that is the Raper brand of football

Our club has been Raped so badly that I'd rather get back on the Opiates.

FMFF!!!

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dread said:
I think, as someone who spent all of last night's game chanting and screaming and willing the boys to succeed, it's fair for me to come back and be disappointed.

I agree with that Dread but what I would like the fluffier of the posters to do is take you as an example.A Sharks fan as long as you have known footy I assume. You're early twenties I believe.

Take Dreads disappointment and mutiply it by another 20 years for us old fuggs.

That's not to say the older ones have more rights to be upset but they certainly have a longer more ingrained attitude of despair and this little black old duck will not tolerate fluffiness for anything. Been there, done that - it doesn't help.

Frenzy.

Immortal
mr_sharks said:

Get off your high horse.

See the game for what it was.

Premierships aren't won in April.

What are you, a walking cliche? FFS the only people who talk in cliches are those too blind or lacking in knowledge to see the woods in amongst the trees.

So we'll beat most teams on last nights game will we? Well guess what, we have to beat all teams to win a comp.

Who are the ones you consider outside of most?

Cowboys?
Knights?
Dragons?
Bulldogs?

There's a potential 200 points for the against column on current form.

Latest posts