What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belated defence of Mitch Brown

Alan Shore

First Grade
Apparently Ben Ross was cutting the grass while he was suspended.

But he doesn't believe he should do it anymore now that he is back playing footy.

Apparently it was suggested that Big Barry do it since he doesn't do anything.

Doesn't look like he agreed with the suggestion.

:lol: :lol:

Inferno

Coach
I think he is sticky's long term fullback option. Noticed him doing a little Kearneyish support play as well.

cb4

First Grade
i think he will stay on the wing for a couple more seasons but come in supporting or looking for an attacking kick like el masri does

Card Shark

Immortal
Kearney is miles ahead of Brown at the moment, as far as a fullback goes. If Kearney is fit, he would be 1 of the 1st few players picked - he is our shining light in the backs.

I still have reservations about Brown, i think he is missing something - probably speed off the mark.

Weaponhead

Coach
Brown's kick returns are strong. He runs direct, at speed and uses late footwork.

He needs to a lot of work on his angles for the second man play. He missed his line a few times especially in the first half. IMO this is a confidence thing. He seems to struggle a bit when he has to think about where he should be in the move. When playing instictively ie kick returns he looks good. In fairness, he did well for Cov's try in the corner when he turned him inside.

In respect to Frenzy's orginal point, playing on the left. I think that is a fair call to suggest that it could have played a role in his ordinary game. We all saw how Folau went in SOO1 playing out of position.

Vossy

Bench
could be lazy ground keepers

i blame seu seu,tsk lazy not doing his job during the week..what are we paying him for, to sit on the bench..wait

i also blame barry for not hiring someone new when seu seu moved to first grade..lazy barry, just lazy

Vossy

Bench
yeah..he was working as a grounds keeper while playing for the southern sharks

Inferno

Coach
Should keep it like that permanently. Only light-footed person we have in the team is Kearney anyway.

spider

Coach
the grass looked heavy, but we had some rain mid week in sydney to lush it up in colour

it would have been the usual cut

cb4

First Grade
either way... we looked good on it
blame cu2... we won
good job tezza...

Chondricthyes

Juniors
One thing Stick said at the forum was that he wished he could get 6-7 games into blokes like Brown( and youngsters in general) instantly.
Her also said he may be underdone being 5 kg underwieght after injury but you got to play them for match fitness, timing, conf , you got to bring them back to get them back to where they were and going forward( all paraphrased in my words)

spider

Coach
i think mitch played as well as the team as a whole the last 2 weeks

forget about the dogs game - cob webs blown out

titans game he was running with confidence, and with his match fitness increasing so will his support play