What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hampton

gUt

Coach
The kid has potential imo. Very quick and quite tough for a smallish player.

webShark

Rumour has it he has signed with us for next year. Thoughts?

Good pick up with lots of upside. Can play FB or in the halves. Lost his way a bit this year. Emergence of Mann and Munster at the Storm may have them thinking he is surplus. A year ago, would never believe he would be let go. Of course it is not confirmed. Came on as teplacement in NSW Cup for the injured Gards last year in early round. Had to see who he was as he was a big upgrade on Gards. Never heard of him so suspected a a Storm player. He was very good at FB.

amcoglory

Juniors
all I can saw is they need to focuse on next year and snap up as much of the best youngsters as possible because no 1st graders will be signing for us

southland

Juniors
Great sign if true. I mentioned this as a possibility 2 months ago in the Future Signings thread. He had an awesome game for Storm during (think it was Origin I) partnering Ben Roberts, displayed some precise attacking kicks... Fingers crossed next year: 1. Holmes 6. Hampton 7. Brown 9. Ennis Like that! old dogged hooker, young halves, baby fullback!

jc155776

Coach
You guys are having a laugh. Doesn't even stand out at the storm. What storm player has ever improved when leaving the joint.

chewsta

First Grade
Finally we start to sign some young backs with a bit of promise.
I can see how the cronullification will catch up to us though, in a year or two when these kids all start to fire in the backs, We will have no forwards because they will have all retired or passed away from old age.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Good signing.

Big wraps on this fella when he was playing QLD cup. He still has a lot of improvement left in him but I'd still say one of our best signings in recent years.

One of the most bizzare things in regards to Hampton is that Bellamy let him go for Blake Green. Only time will tell I suppose

Snoop Shark

First Grade
You guys are having a laugh. Doesn't even stand out at the storm. What storm player has ever improved when leaving the joint.

Disagree. It's just that cooper has a very obsessive like trait when he plays alongside Hampton and does let him get much ball. Do you really think a kid is going to override Cooper Cronk?

Plastered

Juniors
My guess is that, if true, we are probably paying massive overs for him, but that is the reality for us if we want to buy anybody.

very good signing, and I'm very surprised. I thought he was being groomed as a replacement for Billy Slater. He was impressive whenever I saw him playing in our reggies (ok reggies are reggies).

This leads to another point, that we should be making a bit more of our Melbourne - Storks thing and trying to sign some of the players who have been playing in the Storks ?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Kurt Mann is being groomed for Slater.

I was at the game Webbie mentioned and Hampton was carve up that day. Must of run for 250-300 meters.

ghoti

Bench
My storm supporter mate thinks this is hilarious...reckons Hampton has been terrible and has shown close to nothing. Hope he can turn hisbgame around for us

RUBIKS

Juniors
Storm will now take Penani.

I'm happy with the signing, not sure he will go any better than what we've got or The Chad though? Always thought he looked better at fullback.

Better look in his ear before signing.If they see daylight on the other side.... Dont want him. If someone had checked Carney like this we would have been saved a lot of grief.