What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hampton

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kurt Mann is being groomed for Slater.

I was at the game Webbie mentioned and Hampton was carve up that day. Must of run for 250-300 meters.
I think the Storm are pinning their future fullback hopes on Cameron Munster.

Mann has played very well and thrown a spanner in those plans.

He'd be a good pick up, can play well anywhere in the backline

Feej

First Grade
c0f0a9ce9ab3f11f94802e3070153883.jpg

B Hampton is alright, he's a five-eighth, as I'd say the fullback is more important than the five-eighth nowadays in attack, and obviously all-round.

And JC155, N Friend has done well, and Gareth W. S Manu is holding his own at Penrith, I Folau? Some still do well. And B Hampton is so young. I doubt very much he'll be an Origin regular, but I reckon he cud become a really good club player.

Plastered

Juniors
Lurker says he agreed to terms but changed his mind during cool off. Apparently he's a bit stuck though as the Cows weighed in with an offer but you can't renege and go to another club, only back to your existing club, however Storm are in cap troubles.

Lurker = grain of salt.

thorson1987

Coach
Whilst it would suck if he leaves us, I don't blame him.

When Widdop went down last year we thought he was going to get more of a shot, instead Bellamy kept playing Finch.

Now this year Ben f**king Roberts keeps getting a go instead.

B Roberts is a centre.

Regarding this whole issue of the fullback and five-eighth (would like to see the 5/8th called the outside-halfback), look at J Dugan, not skilful enough to play fullback. If you can play fullback well you should easily be able to play 5/8th.

J Hoffman is not a fullback or a 5/8th, he's a winger who can play centre.

shaggs

Coach
How the f**k would you know. You are one of the biggest imbeciles on these forums.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Whilst it would suck if he leaves us, I don't blame him.

When Widdop went down last year we thought he was going to get more of a shot, instead Bellamy kept playing Finch.

Now this year Ben f**king Roberts keeps getting a go instead.

My guess is that it might be because Roberts is a bit more hardened and able to handle the week to week hits at nrl level.

This fullback and five-eighth talk, about if the roles are that different nowadays, which is the more important position, obviously you can adapt and have your 5/8th doing more and also swap positions during matches. But obviously you need a calming influence at No.7.

southland

Juniors
Any word on this?

He is a good prospect, daring to have two young unproven halves but hella refreshing for the sharks. Might work having Brown, Hampton and Robson in rotation. Robson providing some experience/stability.