What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

League guru

Juniors
You obviously never watched any Broncos games last year. Hunt was going that well that he got dropped for a few weeks to the Intrust cup because he was so out of form. Just watched the first half against the Knights and Hunt finished the half by dropping the ball cold with no one around him.
I think maybe the coach is out of form. SInce he has left the boring regimented Bennett style he has shown what he is capable of. On form, Milford must be the most over paid, over rated, player in the NRL.

Nerd

Bench
I think maybe the coach is out of form. SInce he has left the boring regimented Bennett style he has shown what he is capable of. On form, Milford must be the most over paid, over rated, player in the NRL.
I thought Milford had a go last night (besides his poor kicking game) but regardless of that with the amount of dropped ball last night any half would have struggled. To be honest I think Milford should stick to steering the team around the park and let Nikorima be the running half.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
You obviously never watched any Broncos games last year. Hunt was going that well that he got dropped for a few weeks to the Intrust cup because he was so out of form. Just watched the first half against the Knights and Hunt finished the half by dropping the ball cold with no one around him.
He may have been out of form by his own standards (coming back from a hamstring injury) but he was still the best player at the broncos.

Nerd

Bench
He may have been out of form by his own standards (coming back from a hamstring injury) but he was still the best player at the broncos.
We will have to agree to disagree on that one. Hunt at his time with the Broncos would produce one really good game then would go missing for 4-6 weeks then produce another good game. As a foil to a good play maker like Widdop Hunt will go alright but as the chief play maker he used to struggle big time to be consistent. You could always tell when Hunt was off the pace when he would call for the ball then instead of taking the line on he would drift sideways about 5 m before the line and pick up a forward on the inside who would then get smashed as Hunt had already done this same play multiple times during the game.

League guru

Juniors
We will have to agree to disagree on that one. Hunt at his time with the Broncos would produce one really good game then would go missing for 4-6 weeks then produce another good game. As a foil to a good play maker like Widdop Hunt will go alright but as the chief play maker he used to struggle big time to be consistent. You could always tell when Hunt was off the pace when he would call for the ball then instead of taking the line on he would drift sideways about 5 m before the line and pick up a forward on the inside who would then get smashed as Hunt had already done this same play multiple times during the game.
SO who's your player maker now. NIkorima or Milford. I think the answer is neither.

ouryears

Bench
Not accurate at all.
Hunt was great for you guys until Wayne took a disliking for him, damn fool that Creeping.
Your halves easily outplayed Thurston in that GF, one error by Hunt didn't cost you that game.

Hunt was 8.5/10.

Once Hunt signed with Dragon's, in typical Creeping style, Hunt was ostracised.

Hunt was... and is...in the best 5 players in NRL.

Broncos won't recover till they find a new half.

Anyway, all I can say is Thanks for your half back, we got a beauty in Hunt.

Nerd

Bench
Not accurate at all.
Hunt was great for you guys until Wayne took a disliking for him, damn fool that Creeping.
Your halves easily outplayed Thurston in that GF, one error by Hunt didn't cost you that game.

Hunt was 8.5/10.

Once Hunt signed with Dragon's, in typical Creeping style, Hunt was ostracised.

Hunt was... and is...in the best 5 players in NRL.

Broncos won't recover till they find a new half.

Anyway, all I can say is Thanks for your half back, we got a beauty in Hunt.
Your opinion not mine. To say that Hunt is in the best 5 players in the NRL is just laughable. As I stated previously sometimes struggling players change clubs and are all the better for it. Good luck to the Dragons if this turns out to be the case with Hunt. I suppose we will only find out how good Hunt is going if Widdop goes down injured and Hunt becomes the dominant half.

Last edited:

renouf

Juniors
Umm Hunt is not in the top 5 players in the comp

Inglis, Smith, Slater, Thurston, Maloney, Cronk.. who else?

Nerd

Bench
SO who's your player maker now. NIkorima or Milford. I think the answer is neither.
I agree. I think Milford should be the 7 and steer the team around the park with Nikorima floating around as a running 5/8. To be fair with the amount of dropped ball from unforced errors so far this year any half would struggle at the Broncos.

betcats

Referee
Ash Taylor and Ben Hunt have been let walk by the broncos under Wayne. The broncos now have the shortest and least effective halves pairing in the comp. Where is all the salary cap being spent? The forward pack has some talented players but as a whole it’s average, you’re paying Milford way to much of he can’t be the dominant half.

League guru

Juniors
I agree. I think Milford should be the 7 and steer the team around the park with Nikorima floating around as a running 5/8. To be fair with the amount of dropped ball from unforced errors so far this year any half would struggle at the Broncos.
Changing jerseys won't fix the problem. Neither know how to steer the team around. They are both running players.
If you look at the Broncos squad of 30 it is not all that strong. There aren't many options. Who's getting all the money?

renouf

Juniors
Milford, McCullough, Bird, Boyd, Gillett, McGuire all probably on decent $$. maybe Thaiday is still on big money from few years ago. Roberts might be on a bit, Oates has played Origin.

League guru

Juniors
Milford, McCullough, Bird, Boyd, Gillett, McGuire all probably on decent $$. maybe Thaiday is still on big money from few years ago. Roberts might be on a bit, Oates has played Origin.
That's want I mean. None of them are in career best form. They spent 1 million on Bird and he is playing centre. I think Wayne is the big problem, he seems to have lost the plot.

renouf

Juniors
That's want I mean. None of them are in career best form. They spent 1 million on Bird and he is playing centre. I think Wayne is the big problem, he seems to have lost the plot.

Yep, if he is the one making all these decisions, then he is losing it.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors

You're turning the clock back a few years there. Inglis?? Thurston on his last legs. We'll see how Cronk goes in a new team without Cameron. Hunt has hit the ground running. Maloney is good but I don't think he has the complete game with his defence and penalties.

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
We will have to agree to disagree on that one. Hunt at his time with the Broncos would produce one really good game then would go missing for 4-6 weeks then produce another good game.

You asked me if I watched many Broncos games... it seems like you may watch but you get all your opinions from the commentators or broncos fans on facebook. If you actually watched you would see that Ben Hunt had to create everything for the Broncos. Even in defence he had to do a lot of cover tackles and most of the tries were scored down Milford's side. Very poor recruitment that the broncos didn't keep Hunt and Granville.

ouryears

Bench

Inglis nope. Joking aren't you?
He was up till end of 2016.
Maloney nope, give me Hunt.
Thurston 2018 model, nope.
Hunt....yes

Nerd

Bench
You asked me if I watched many Broncos games... it seems like you may watch but you get all your opinions from the commentators or broncos fans on facebook. If you actually watched you would see that Ben Hunt had to create everything for the Broncos. Even in defence he had to do a lot of cover tackles and most of the tries were scored down Milford's side. Very poor recruitment that the broncos didn't keep Hunt and Granville.
Hunt was so good at creating for the Broncos that they dropped him to the Intrust Cup for a few weeks...

renouf

Juniors
Hunt’s kicking game can be really ordinary, we were unlikely to win a comp with him but he's a loss for sure when you look at how the side is going now.

I'm not sure what they are doing but letting Hunt go and not getting Ash Taylor is a mess.