What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Quigs

Immortal
I don't know if you lot south of the Tweed might of heard of it or not but there was talk last year of getting Kevvie Walters and I think Locky into the Donks fold to get Hunt and Milford fired up as their form was worrying.

The Creepin Jesus knocked it on the head, apparently he didn't want any competition to his authority. He had everything under control.

By the sounds of reporting up here all things were not too rosey inside the camp.

It will be very interesting to see how 'me' donks fare (or is it fair) this year.

Card Shark

Immortal
Thinking that they haven't won a comp in 10 or 11 attempts, something is unusual for them, especially considering 7 different premiers in the last 7 years.

You wound've got unbackable odds on this 10 years ago.

Great isnt it.

Chimp

Bench
Anyone seen the quotes from Hunt about one of the things attracting him to the Dragons is the fact they've got one of the biggest and best packs in the competition.... hahahahahahahahaha

Stake Removed

First Grade
I am expecting with Hunt by end of year 2 the old cant handle sydney, i am just a QLDer, and want to go back, would not surprise me if he becomes the cowboys replacement for JT when retires

Chimp

Bench
I see Dugan is chasing more than $1m - what a joker. The most overrated merkin ever I reckon.
Always injured and can't pass.....

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Some context on the Hunt signing as a Dragons supporter... A few of you hit the nail on the head, it is pretty desperate times for the Dragons.
I feel like they had to make a ridiculous offer for Hunt to even consider making the move, however it's great for the club. It's the first genuine halfback they've had in years, and I really think with the salary cap rising over the next few years, 1 mil a season will be the new 700k, especially for established halfbacks which are a rare breed in this competition. It's also looking like the Dragons are targeting Bird as well. Highly doubt he'd go for it you guys though, I can't see him leaving a club on the rise that just won a premiership.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think the kid goes alright, still young.

Nice house in Bulli or something.

He will question himself all year about going, once on the field, he will give his best.

Bet he watches every Dragons game this year.

Inferno

Coach
Some context on the Hunt signing as a Dragons supporter... A few of you hit the nail on the head, it is pretty desperate times for the Dragons.
I feel like they had to make a ridiculous offer for Hunt to even consider making the move, however it's great for the club. It's the first genuine halfback they've had in years, and I really think with the salary cap rising over the next few years, 1 mil a season will be the new 700k, especially for established halfbacks which are a rare breed in this competition. It's also looking like the Dragons are targeting Bird as well. Highly doubt he'd go for it you guys though, I can't see him leaving a club on the rise that just won a premiership.

It's going up for sure, but does anyone know how much? Last few years it's only gone up by a couple of hundred grand or so a year. That's not much when spread out over a to 25.