What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Murdoch Masila

BrotherJim05

Bench
Probably my favourite player; enormous potential with this kid and I don't think we have even seen his best yet.

What are your opinions on his best position? He has been fantastic coming off the bench, but if he were to be in the starting 13, would he be a 2nd Rower or Lock? He has also been used as a Prop in multiple games but idk if it is his strongest position.

innsaneink

Referee
Still early days for BMM....i hope to christ we havent seen his best, hes got a lot to learn, stamina defence....but he is still developing

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not sure where to play him but at prop I think he looks great. Sometimes out wide I'm not sure if he runs the right line.

He has enormous potential - I just hope we see it realized soon.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Wests Tigers strength and conditioning coach Hayden Knowles: "We have a guy like Ben Murdoch, I believe he could one of the best things in Rugby League. Physcially, people train for 10 years to be as powerful as him."

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He'd be good as a wide running prop, like Willie Mason used to do

Vic Mackey

Referee
I rate him very highly, has been equally effective out wide and through the center. I got told by a coaching staff member that he had a great work ethic at training and had never been in trouble off the field, apparently they released fifita as BMM was just as powerful but more agile and quicker.

I'm really hoping he can push for a starting spot and play 50-60mins in 2013.

macnaz

Staff member
I think id rather have him play of the bench as an impact player. He has apparently striped some kilo's so he might have more stamina now to play more minutes in the starting side as well if thats where he is selected.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Didnt get an off season in last year so hopefully his stamina increases.

Likely to see more time now with the coaching and personel changes

boonboon

Juniors
Also remember he is only 21 (although turns 22 this week) - so at 21 having been in FG all last year and a few games before that he is still very young and raw for such a big bloke

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Yeah, with both BMM and Woods coming along so well (and hopes for Groat to do likewise) our young forwards have quite a bit of potential.

parra_jesus

Juniors
A bit off topic , but do you guys see bodene Thompson getting a run in the top 17 at the start of year ? Or is he mainly seen as a backup player

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Some foot injury that occurred away from training apparently...bad luck for him and us, he has some mongrel in him.

Seems like it is contagious, Ellis over in the Super League has done his foot again. That would have broekn my heart if he was still with us and gets ruled out for more than half the season.