What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Pomeroy!

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
According to WogDog on the confirmed signings page BEN POMEROY has been signed by the sharks. this is unbelievable news. now im not 1 to go and jump the gun because nothings been made official but this guy seems to no his stuff. this is a top signing. imagine this next year

2.Luke Covell
3.Ben Pomeroy

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
2nd row\centre

Sharks sign Penrith's Pomeroy
Tue Jul 19, 4:51pm (NSW)
Source: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
The Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks have announced the signing of exciting young Penrith centre Ben Pomeroy to a three-year contract.

A 21-year-old who played his junior football at the Cambridge Park club near Blacktown, Pomeroy made his first grade debut for the Panthers in 2004. He had played seven matches for the Penrith club in the NRL through the first 13 rounds this season, but since that time has being sidelined with injury.

At almost 100kgs and standing 185cm, Pomeroy, who also possesses a good turn of speed, will provide the Sharks backline with a good measure of size and strength.

After confirming the deal with Pomeroy, Sharks General Manager Steve Rogers likened his new recruit to former Sharks international centre Mark McGaw.

“He does remind me a lot of McGaw. He’s a big, strong player and he is a very good hole runner,” Rogers said. “We are very excited about Ben’s signing. He should add quite a bit to our backline over the next few years.”

The addition of Pomeroy to the Sharks line-up for 2006 comes on top of the announcement that Penrith and Queensland State of Origin prop Ben Ross has joined the club for the next four years.

Ross turned back offers from a number of other clubs to join the Sharks.

The Sharks are also continuing negotiations with a number of other players in a bid to further strengthen their squad for 2006 and beyond.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
let me tell u
i dont get excited over just ANY player
it takes a very good player to come along and impress me
and i do not lie when i say it was early in the season and panthers were playing souths at the footy stadium and i turned to my father and said this young guy will play for australia. the guy is big, fast, mobile , runs hard and can put a hit on.

he is better served as a 2nd rower where he can get involved as often hes been isolated in the centres. however the combination with covell could be the one the shire has been calling for since 1981

Special K

Coach
Pomeroy was very, very good for the Panthers early in the season.

Big strong and puts on good shots.

I'd like to keep Mellars and have them both battling out for the centre/2nd row spot.

Date of Birth: 10/01/84
Place of birth: Penrith, NSW
Position: centre or 2nd row
Height: 185cm; Weight: 95kg

Ben got his chance to play First Grade in 2004 and impressed enough to be named as one of Penrith's top 25 players for Season 2005.

Junior club: Cambridge Park
Previous clubs: none

Childhood hero: Brad Fittler
Most respected opponent: all of them

Other interests: wake boardiing and other watersports

Life after footy: Undecided

PortPomeroy.jpg

seems like a character

imasharkie

Coach
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
let me tell u
i dont get excited over just ANY player
it takes a very good player to come along and impress me
and i do not lie when i say it was early in the season and panthers were playing souths at the footy stadium and i turned to my father and said this young guy will play for australia. the guy is big, fast, mobile , runs hard and can put a hit on.

he is better served as a 2nd rower where he can get involved as often hes been isolated in the centres. however the combination with covell could be the one the shire has been calling for since 1981

Unless Covell improves his game by 90% and his speed by 100% it would be a waste of time on the Sharkies behalf

Big Mick

Referee
f**k you Cronulla

f**k you.

Go kill us Ben I hope you smash the sh*t out of every team and prove that the Penrith management are f**king geniuss for letting a f**king great talent like you go.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
f**k you Cronulla

f**k you.

Go kill us Ben I hope you smash the sh*t out of every team and prove that the Penrith management are f**king geniuss for letting a f**king great talent like you go.

relax
at least you guys won a premiership

BBSF you are one weird little manlove oompah loompah !

that's a great signing for the sharks. sounds like he's planned to be a centre and given our depth in backrowers that's no surprise.

can anyone tell me which of our other backs besides merritt are leaving the sharks next year ? i would like (but i'm sure never will) see a three quarter line something like mcgoldrick, pommeroy, vagana, mellars/covell. no more faeries floating around the backline please !

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
Its nice to know that the club identified the same weaknesses the forum did and took steps to overcome them (Centre & Prop).

They may not have got their first choice targets (Mason - really a second rower & Berry- was never going to leave the Sunshine state) but they have picked up some rather handy players indeed.

I like that we're signing players on pity too, Ben Ross & Brett Kimmorley have both stated they want to be part of the first Cronulla team to win a premiership. Good to see we're trading on what we've got!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Actually nothing has been sorted out.
pommeroy plays right centre or 2nd row. Waht are we going to do, shift Nigel back to left?
also the Left wing is vacant now that mezz is going or it will be Unco.
Also, Alberts plays right wing, so if Simmons doesnt aim up at fullback, which he wont, he will never get his spot back from alberts who is 10 times teh player.

also, Mellars & Goldy are gone.