What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Pomeroy!

dreary

Juniors
Finally got confirmation on Big Sports Breakfast this morning about Pom very very happy about this signing.

carcharias

Immortal
just for the record

Penrith centre heads to Shire
July 19, 2005

PENRITH Centre Ben Pomeroy, 21, will join Panthers teammate Ben Ross at the Sharks next year after signing a three-year deal.

Sharks general manager Steve Rogers likened Pomeroy to the club's former international centre Mark McGaw.

"He's a big strong player and he is a very good hole runner," said Rogers.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15984079-23214,00.html

DJDL

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
that would bethe game where he scored that 60 metre try off the scrum?
the same game that Aaron Raperr single handedly destroyed with some of the worst dummy halfplay ever in league?

No. Manly beat us something like 22-0 in that one.
The try you are talking about came a week earlier against the Broncos.
It was '96. And Aaron Raper was playing for Parra then.

carcharias

Immortal
DJDL said:
No. Manly beat us something like 22-0 in that one.
The try you are talking about came a week earlier against the Broncos.
It was '96. And Aaron Raper was playing for Parra then.
the move was called "raiders" from memory.

There is a little vid on that excellent sharks website.

fizman

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
No, but I do see you continues slurrs at peachey.
In my recollection, peach has not showed up in 1 semi final in all his time in overacheiving under budgeted no name shark teams.
he has never failed & crumbled like simmons has & will again..

No mate, not at all. I just call it as I see it. I don't care who is wearing the jumpers when we win the comp, I just want to win the comp.

I would also defend Goldy if anyone attacked him about his inability to perform in Semi Finals football. How can you judge someone when they haven't had the oppotunity??

Kramer

Juniors
McSharkie said:
It's called David Peachey's 'Raider' try.

Super try that. There was another good one in that same match that Barnett scored off a bomb. I think the Aaron Raper capitulation was the 1995 semi against Manly.

Munky

Coach
It's pretty much been confirmed on the Panthers site by our media manager that you guys paid overs for him.

I'm gutted at the moment.

Go Nulla

Bench
Munky said:
It's pretty much been confirmed on the Panthers site by our media manager that you guys paid overs for him.

I'm gutted at the moment.

What were they going to say...that they farged up in not resigning him....I think not.

define 'pretty much' and 'overs'

all depends on your POV. i think this kid's got rep potential
good work sharks

now sort out fullback for 2006 and we're starting to look good

Munky

Coach
If you play him in the centres he won't have much impact.

As an impact 2nd rower he will hurt the opposition.

Caged Panther

First Grade
well given that penrith were letting go of ross and gualavo to be able to resign this guys contract you would have to think penrith made a reasonable offer. So even he got offered more or he just didn't want to be at penrith.

White Poiner

Coach
yeah sharks were really cashed up (and still are), Its a real possibility the sharks paid over for him. But its also possible he thought cronulla were a better choice than penrith.

Latest posts