What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji is getting even worse

magpie guy

Juniors
He has been unfairly criticised on here a fair bit this year but tonight was his worst game so far, possibly of his career. His defence was absolutely woeful and kicking game not much better. In his defence for his kicking game, gee the service from dummy half was bad. He was under pressure for most kicks. It is also quite clear he is playing halfback again despite the number on his back, he is first receiver way too much. The team looks absolutely rudderless, we need a genuine halfback ASAP!

He wasn't alone out there, sirro was poor, in fact our whole backline were pretty poor.

Iosefa is one of the worst dummy halfs I have seen. He cant pass right, he is unfit and late to rucks and his defence and running game are just not nearly up to standard. I have said it before but Utai would be a better hooker than him. Hell, I would have Meaney or Anasta there ahead of him. Hoping Robbie gets through Origin without hurting himself more or we are guaranteed the spoon.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Maybe look at the forward pack that got embarrassingly rolled. Benji was average but that wasn't why you guys lost tonight. You can't win with a pack like that.

Here we go more excuses for the f**king marshmallow. I didn't know you needed a good forward pack to avoid being brushed off like a piece of shit by Scott Prince! Please!! Enough of the f**king excuses, he is absolutely disgraceful and shouldn't be in first grade.

gronkathon

First Grade
Tonight was the first time I have ever questioned if a Wests Tigers player threw a game or not.

His grubbers, spinning it wide when we were holding our own through the guts, his "defence" and his laying it on a platter with every kick for the donkeys to start on their 30 or better most sets make me really wonder. Coupled with his on field demeanor and it becomes more then a wonder for me

Tonight was the first time I have ever questioned if a Wests Tigers player threw a game or not.

His grubbers, spinning it wide when we were holding our own through the guts, his "defence" and his laying it on a platter with every kick for the donkeys to start on their 30 or better most sets make me really wonder. Coupled with his on field demeanor and it becomes more then a wonder for me

Thats going too far. But his demeanour and lack of effort arent winning him many supporters.

Needs to spend rest of year in NSW Cup and try to come back next year the Benji we all once knew.
Or just farkin sell him...
This season give his spot to one of the young kids - Brooks probably.

gronkathon

First Grade
Is it. He has already tried to whip up support in the playing group to get Sheens back. How far will he go?

Alternatively has he dumped his TV commitments to concentrate on football or is he eyeing that French Rugby deal on the table which would also include work for his wife in a few major fashion houses?

Marshall looked like he didn't give a stuff tonight. Got brushed off by Gillett who was standing still, and also got shrugged off by Prince with complete ease. Neither effort was reminiscent of a player giving 100%.

Billythekid

First Grade
Here we go more excuses for the f**king marshmallow. I didn't know you needed a good forward pack to avoid being brushed off like a piece of shit by Scott Prince! Please!! Enough of the f**king excuses, he is absolutely disgraceful and shouldn't be in first grade.

I think he's playing bad and i don't think you guys should resign him but i still think you're pack is a bigger issue. Then again the money Benji is on would be a factor in that.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He can only play as good as his forwards. Iosefa's service was woeful. Benji has always been a bad defender but we were always able to hide him next to Fulton, Gibbs or Ellis.

diggo

Juniors
10 missed tackles for Benji tonight. I don't remember seeing an individual's missed tackle count this high before?

hunters

Juniors
He can only play as good as his forwards. Iosefa's service was woeful. Benji has always been a bad defender but we were always able to hide him next to Fulton, Gibbs or Ellis.

Even the most average half will kick deep after your forwards fail to make good ground. Only benji thinks a chip kick, twice, in your own half is a good idea. The guy is severely down of confidence and has been for sometime.

Tiger05

First Grade
Will Potter be the man who makes the call to let Marshall go? Who knows? However, it is looking more and more likely that this is going to be the outcome.

I think it will be a club decision. If Benji doesn't cut out the poor options now I think he is gone or at best he will get a massively reduced contract which will lead to him leaving anyway.

I think he is doing serious damage to his market value now.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Even the most average half will kick deep after your forwards fail to make good ground. Only benji thinks a chip kick, twice, in your own half is a good idea. The guy is severely down of confidence and has been for sometime.

And yet still the excuses are rolled out for him. He needs a halfback, he needs a good pack blah blah blah.

Sorry but there is no excuse for not trying. Being rag dolled by Scott f**king Prince was the final straw for me. He can f**k off.

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
Marshall just doesn't look interested whatsoever, The fact he has also just been put on "leave" by Channel 9 this week as well only proves that the bloke doesn't have his mind on football.
Understood he does have a forward pack to work with but that is not excuse whatsoever with his pathetic effort in Defense, He looks absolutely afraid to tackle. With Robbie out he had his chance to step and show A) he still has it as a footballer B) show he is worth the max contract.
I think he has no pride in the jersey that made him who he is today or else he would be showing more energy in his performance. He may need to take a leaf out of some of these youngsters books who are trying their little hearts out. Tedesco gets battered pillar to post but continues to battle all game, Sue runs and tackles from the moment he gets on.
Eddie Pettybourne is quite possibly the most pathetic excuse for a forward i have ever seen, What happened to the bloke who actually had a run at Souths and tackled?
I think Ava needs more of a run, He barely gets minutes but at the very least he runs the ball and tackles! For me the effort in defense by certain players on our team was embarrassing.

Benji doesnt even deserve a contract on minimum wage let alone 1 million ( what he seems to think he is worth )

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And yet still the excuses are rolled out for him. He needs a halfback, he needs a good pack blah blah blah.

Sorry but there is no excuse for not trying. Being rag dolled by Scott f**king Prince was the final straw for me. He can f**k off.

I wasn't making excuses, i was stating facts.

He's always been a shit defender.
He's always been a flat truck bully behind a good pack.

With a crap pack & no Farah, all his weaknesses are exposed & magnified.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I wasn't making excuses, i was stating facts.

He's always been a shit defender.
He's always been a flat truck bully behind a good pack.

With a crap pack & no Farah, all his weaknesses are exposed & magnified.

So you agree he should be punted then? Good.

macnaz

Staff member
As for him " not being given good service from dummy half " he was the captain ffs! , he should have demanded it or stood deeper or organised a better set play to cover him. The reason he got crap ball was because he didnt give a f**k what happened ! Im with Hybrid im done defending this selfish prick, he is poisoning this team and needs to stop the crying and have a go or just piss off.

Last edited: