What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best League/Sporting Radio Show in Sydney

What is the best AM rugby league/sporting show on Sydney radio

• Hollywood and Zorba/Big Sporting Breakfast (2KY)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sports Today (weekdays and Sat mornings 2UE)

• Continuous Call (weekends 2GB)

• Talkin' Sport (weekday arvos 2SM)

• ABC Rugby League Grandstand (weekends)

• Total voters

iggy plop

First Grade
Yep, top quality show that one...not!!!!

It's an embarrassment to the game and the only reason it rates is because it gets in the non-rugby league supporter which isn't exactly great for the rugby league supporter interested in rugby league.

I occassionally listened to the Continuous Call, but only because of one man... Chippy.

He was informative, opinionative and he had a great sense of humour. Now that he's gone I will not be listening anymore.

iggy plop

First Grade
I never listened anyway. You'd flick over and they'd be playing some pathetic song.

If they can cut that rubbish I may give 'em a go, but only on Saturdays when there is no other league show on in the arvo.

Weekend Sports today in the morning with Voss, Gibbs and Bos is first class as is 2SM's Talkin' Sport.

eelandia

Juniors
half said:
the 2ky big sports breakfast is awesome except when they blab on about union, lawn bowls and nature b or whatever it's called

Freedman's allegiances are sketchy at best. I think if he had his way there would be alot more Union on the program than there currently is. Still not sure if I like his style but TK is good to listen to.

zulu

Juniors
The more I listen to Talkin' Sport on 2SM, the more I'm a fan.

The show is top line. It had 11 rugby league-related interviews today (Friday) and got down and dirty regarding the hot issues.

And they're naturally witty too, without having to resort to a Vaudeville format for cheap laughs.

Still a fan of Weekend Sports Today on 2UE as well.

eels_fan

First Grade
The DEAD SET LEGENDS on Triple M on a satuday morning is really good but its not all league, bout 80%..

iggy plop

First Grade
My favourite Radio league show was taken away from me by the NRL and John Singelton. It was 2UE's talking league with Greg Radley and co. They were ready to call the games and everything until Singelton decided he wanted exclusive rights and the NRL agreed.

I want it back!

iggy plop

First Grade
Heard a bloke ring up 2UE today and say that Ray won't have Brian Smith on his show because he can't stand his pip-squeak voice. Just great Ray, you're all class. Well why are you working with the feminine sounding Blocker then?

Anonymous

Juniors
The only league I'll listen to on the radio is ABC grandstand. The continuous call team is the worst excuse for a sports program on the radio. I'll only listen to them if they are covering the Raiders and the ABC are covering a different game.

ibeme

First Grade
The interesting thing I've found about this thread is that of those who have commented about the Continuous Call, most if not all have been in criticism of the show. Those who have commented on any other programs have been complimentary.

iggy plop

First Grade
ibeme said:
The interesting thing I've found about this thread is that of those who have commented about the Continuous Call, most if not all have been in criticism of the show. Those who have commented on any other programs have been complimentary.

I guess it makes sense when you lisetn to them all. There's only one that deserves criticism.

Brutus

Referee
iggy plop said:
ibeme said:

I guess it makes sense when you lisetn to them all. There's only one that deserves criticism.

That would have to be the continuous crap. The rest of the shows are great.

super_coach

First Grade
hadleys rubish-is right up their with parliment,as radio entertainment--got no idea how they rate--Abc has a few problems-but when they do league,its about league,and not the hadley crap.The wok tony hamilton and morrow-will at least give a person a go with an oposite view--Singo do the right thing--sack hadley

Latest posts