What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best starting 17 of 2014

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Who would you pick? With the team we have, in particular the forwards, it's not an easy choice. Personally I'd go:

1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. BJ
5. Mcmanus
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Gidley
10. Mason
11. Rochow
12. Scott
13. Smith

14. Clydsdale
15. Mckinnon
16. Fa'alogo
17. Cuthbertson

As I was working out the team, it became more apparent how the team is in the need of another prop. Hopefully we'll land one in the next couple of months :)

Yosh

Coach
Just how good is our backline? Amazing. If anything Aku's the weaklink and he has won winger of th year 3 of the last 4 years right?

I hope Gidley can stay fit for the majority of the next two seasons. If we can keep that team on the paddock for more than 20-23 games this season, we'll be top 3 for sure.

I hope we do sign that mega mystery forward that rnb is it? Was talking about.

Zoidberg

First Grade
It's good to have options hey?

I'm think, like last year, the team will have a few changes week to week. Giving House, Sims and others plenty of games.

mozza91

Coach
House played very well off the bench last season and I would have him in over faalogo. Sims and cuthbo can fight out for the last spot

I'd add Tetavano to the mix also, was excellent in the Indigenous game and was solid whenever he played last season.

Great team BIHK and I think Cuthbo may even push for a starting berth if he can regain his 2012 form. I don't think Houston will be here next season personally. I am also going to go out on a limb here and suggest Ennis will be our 9 next season. Gids to the 14. Ennis is up for renewal and the facts are Bennett is a huge fan and mentor to the man. I hope I am wrong.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Great team BIHK and I think Cuthbo may even push for a starting berth if he can regain his 2012 form. I don't think Houston will be here next season personally. I am also going to go out on a limb here and suggest Ennis will be our 9 next season. Gids to the 14. Ennis is up for renewal and the facts are Bennett is a huge fan and mentor to the man. I hope I am wrong.
I hope your wrong

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
House played very well off the bench last season and I would have him in over faalogo. Sims and cuthbo can fight out for the last spot

I couldn't find a place for House as the bench was already looking a little light on. I chose Fa'aologo as he offers good size. I also chose Cuthbo over House as the team needs a bloke that can come on and create second phase play. I'm expecting Cuthbertson to have an impressive 2014.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Can't see Ennis coming. Obviously echo the sentiments that the little merkin isn't welcome.

Frederick

Staff member
Gidley is definitely captain. Wayne confirmed it in an interview on the knights website a week or two ago

Frederick

Staff member
It's news ltd, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I hear anything official from the knights

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
House is surprisingly big. He is just so tall he doesn't look stocky.

Yeah he is tall. I remember seeing him at Cardiff about 18 months ago and he was cooking sausages for an insurance mob. I could not get over how little muscle mass he had. The other bloke that was helping him cook the sausages was far more muscular. Towards the end of last year, he definitely started playing above his weight. It was a close call between picking Fa'aologo over him. I just felt that the team needed an out and out prop on the bench and not a bloke that shifts between prop and the second row. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if House from 2014 onwards plays nothing but front row though. IMO he is definitely not a second rower anymore as his inability to pass and offload means that he keeps breaking down the play.

nick87

Coach
fantasy related question gents -

Is Adam Clydesdale going to be in the top 17? Or is Gidley and Waddell more likely to get minutes at hooker over him?