What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best starting 17 of 2014

Dave_

Juniors
I honestly don't think we'll see Waddell being first pick at 9 if Gidley moves into the halves. Surely it was just too damn obvious that he's just an attack stifling waste of space. We have many more options at 9 and all are far better than he is.

What is it that we do with all our sh*t players again? Waddle them off to Penriff that's what.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I honestly don't think we'll see Waddell being first pick at 9 if Gidley moves into the halves. Surely it was just too damn obvious that he's just an attack stifling waste of space. We have many more options at 9 and all are far better than he is.

What is it that we do with all our sh*t players again? Waddle them off to Penriff that's what.

I missed about 4 games last year. They happened to correlate with Waddell playing in the team. From reading this forum, it sounds like he was hopeless in attack.

2 questions:
-Is Hilders service from dummy half better than Waddell?
-Is Waddell outstanding in defense and is that why Bennett selects him?

Rolla

Juniors
Neither have great service, but Hilder is a better defender. Waddell seems pretty slow to get the ball to the first reciever, but also gives away which way he is going pretty early.

If it was up to me I would put Hilder above Waddell and Clydesdale and Redman above them both.

Dave_

Juniors
Neither have great service, but Hilder is a better defender. Waddell seems pretty slow to get the ball to the first reciever, but also gives away which way he is going pretty early.

If it was up to me I would put Hilder above Waddell and Clydesdale and Redman above them both.

Agree with all of this. Waddell is in fact so slow at D/H that opposition sides can easily read what he's about to do and you can see first and second reciever and the whole attack ready to execute a play and it gets shut down real quick because everything is in slow motion. By the time he passes the ball, the defence is in our face. He also lacks good pace to run from D/H.

Anyhow, I'm sure we'll see Dobson partnering Roberts in the halves meaning we hopefully won't have to worry about Waddell too much. Really, it's nothing he can't work on and fix up pretty easily.

Burwood

Bench
I love the survey at the bottom of that article. Even Cuthbertson's name pops up as who should be our hooker in 2014 before a particular forum favourite of ours.