What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Vacation....

KITA

Juniors
i've been to the big spud too Nikki it's so old looking lol i think it needs to be maintained better but its in a great little town though

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
MysteryGirl said:
Dang...the "Z"s that should be "S"s along with the mysterious "U"s that you guys drop in random words....

I'm VERY out of practice! I've not been spending enough time here lately apparently.

you've got some catching up to do MG

2 True Blues

Coach
Western Aus. Partyed on at Freemantle then borrowed my mates car while he worked with 4 of the lads. Drove to Margaret River and pulled a German Back packer . Went back to Freemantle and caught the ferry to Rottnest Island. partyed on the island, after snorkelling and cycling all day, as bikes are the only island transport. cracked onto a female basketballer from the state side and climbed the radio tower and barb wire fence surrounding it at 5.30am and watched the sun come up over the island and did not sleep until the following day after the strip teeze show in Perth. And that car seat felt really good after bein awake for 50 something hrs. LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Then did it all again................Could never get used to that sun setting over the water though. Always felt like I was in a foreign land. LOL,,,,When in the surf, or driving south towards Margaret River always felt like I was heading north instead. The ocean was always on the wrong side of the car when heading south,,,LOL.........

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I lived in Perth for many years, heap good surf at Margret River and secret spots up north

great place

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah it's definately gods country over there mate. Been all around Aus except for Northern territiry and it was the best place I have been. Went snorkelling just off Fremantle in what over here you would expect to find car tyres and a few boots in. However there were turtles swimming in the water just of the industrial area about 20 metres out. Awesome place, and still very untouched, unlike the east coast of Aus.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Torn between a few trips. I had a fantastic time touring the US both times (both with different girlfriends), and particularly liked Vegas, Portland, and the week spent exploring California. Particularly liked San Francisco, Yosemite, and Monterey/Big Sur.

Three week trip to the Philippines with Hoggmaster and my brothers was similarly good. A week of Boracay partying, a week of El Nido R&R, and a week on Bohol doing random shit.

This trip I'm on now is shaping up to be the best of them. I had a few days in Beijing to check off bucket list items, a few days in Nanjing to get drunk with old friends and break my duck, ten days exploring Namibia, this month in Tanzania, and then three new countries next month before heading to SE Asia for ITB & TBEX.

Luckiest guy out.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it's definately gods country over there mate. Been all around Aus except for Northern territiry and it was the best place I have been. Went snorkelling just off Fremantle in what over here you would expect to find car tyres and a few boots in. However there were turtles swimming in the water just of the industrial area about 20 metres out. Awesome place, and still very untouched, unlike the east coast of Aus.

NT is just amazing, so much to see and do its hard to know where to start. I lived in Darwin for a year and half and played footy for Nightcliff FC. Traveled and worked all over the top end including Arhem Land and get such a great insight as to how the indigenous people live.

And I mean indigenous people, not 1/8 indigenous people who live in Redfern.

I never understood people who just want to jet off overseas and have never seen Australia yet.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I never understood people who just want to jet off overseas and have never seen Australia yet.

The inhibitive cost of traveling in, dining in, and staying in Australia has a lot to do with it. Australian domestic tourism really struggles because it's often pricier then taking an international holiday.

Red Bear

Referee
My trip to the states was pretty good.
LA/Santa Monica for a night - Yosemite (absolutely amazing place) - San Fran - Yellowstone - Denver - Chicago - NYC - Nashville - Atlanta - Orlando - DC - Boston. 6 weeks all up. Yosemite s mentioned a highlight but I enjoyed pretty much everywhere I went. Wouldn't bother with Denver again and would hope for better weather for Yellowstone and no shut down for DC. Orlando was surprisingly cool though, good wildelife areas around there. Chicago is awesome. Enjoyed all other places.

I lso love NZ as a holiday spot. Cool, snowy, amazing landscape.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Argh! I really want to visit Yosemite on the upcoming trip road trip from LA to NYC, but it's so far out of the way for New Orleans and Austin!

Danish

Referee
My last trip to the U.S. we had a wedding in Manhattan Beach LA, then flew to Phoenix and drove from there to Monument Valley, then through to Durango, Colorado and then onto Alburquerque.

Flew from there to San Antonio, then drove to Houston.

Lastly, flew to Cancun for another wedding and back to Sydney.

Monument Valley was the clear highlight. We drove in at 10pm at night. Absolute pitch black except our headlights so just checked in and went to sleep. Woke up at 3am to get a drink and saw the most u believable full moon and starry sky I've ever seen. The next day I woke up to watch the sunrise and saw the valley for the first time as the light started to come over the horizon. I consider myself an atheist but that was about as close to a spiritual experience as I've ever had. The sheer size and beauty of that place was amazing.

I highly recommend a visit there to anyone

Danish

Referee
Argh! I really want to visit Yosemite on the upcoming trip road trip from LA to NYC, but it's so far out of the way for New Orleans and Austin!

Make sure you visit at least one, if not several BBQ places in Austin. Do a bit of googling to find best places and you will not be disappointed. Texas BBQ is f**king delicious. Brisket, pulled pork pork, beef or pork ribs, genuine Mac & cheese, and homemade sauces and rubs.

Someone should start selling that style of food in Oz

Misanthrope

Staff member
Thanks for the tips. I'd like to skip the Grand Canyon myself (I've already been and found it thoroughly underwhelming) in favour of a more picturesque park like Monuments, Antelope Canyon etc. Hogg has his heart set on seeing the world's second biggest hole (Penrith being #1).

Vietnam was my favourite holiday, great place to visit and still reasonably authentic. Cambodia was good as well, but it was like being bipolar since there was so much fantastic stuff that is then mixed in with the scars of the Khmer Rouge regime. Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Malaysia were good fun to visit, but Vietnam was the best choice.

China is a dump.

legend

Coach
Vegas, Denver and New York for me. all different but thoroughly enjoyable for different reasons.

Have been to asian destinations over the years and found them largely disappointing, apart from Hong Kong. Too many bogan Aussies turns your holiday to shit IMO.

soc123_au

Staff member
Thanks for the tips. I'd like to skip the Grand Canyon myself (I've already been and found it thoroughly underwhelming) in favour of a more picturesque park like Monuments, Antelope Canyon etc. Hogg has his heart set on seeing the world's second biggest hole (Penrith being #1).

You take that back! Penrith is a wonderland.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Vegas, Denver and New York for me. all different but thoroughly enjoyable for different reasons.

Have been to asian destinations over the years and found them largely disappointing, apart from Hong Kong. Too many bogan Aussies turns your holiday to shit IMO.

I swear, Aussie guys are right up there with Chinese tour groups and Russians for the worst travelers.

I'm really keen to do Vegas as a single bloke, rather than the last time where I was there with my girlfriend and her parents. It was still fun, but not how you picture Vegas.

Depends where you go. If youre going to Bali, Koh Panyang, Phuket, Pattaya, or similar then you're definitely in for a bad time.

Heading to Phuket for a week in September/October. It's full of Aussie bogans, but it was there or Bangkok and Bangkok is a sweaty asshole.

You take that back! Penrith is a wonderland.

:sarcasm:

Latest posts