What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bid names

Do I really need to ? Go back through your 500 odd posts and you'll see how many were un-needed geniused posts that added no value to the thread.

I Have only ever posted dribble in the Interstate thread when being baited by QLDERS(I am easily baitable), also the reason I have this amount of posts is because of the game day threads.

docbrown

Coach
Central Queensland rep sides have used Capras in the past which is a ram or goat not sure. Bulls works because Rockhampton is the beef capital of Australia. Imagine a Cowboys vs Bulls derby. Miners would also work.

I'd say Central Qld is a while off, but I like the name Bulls for them. The other one that might work which popped up on the Brisbane thread is 'Bushrangers/Rangers'.

sherrinator

Juniors
I went to the western-bulldogs site and the history said 1997 is when they got their name changed.

I think you'll find that they were always known as the bulldogs, however the official club name changed to western bulldogs to gain a wider appeal to the western parts of Melbourne. Kind of like western suburbs and balmain made their club name "wests tigers rlc" instead of 'western suburbs - balmain rlc'

Loudstrat

Coach
Who cares? When Canterbury became the Bulldogs we didnt have both codes cross pollinating districts.

Bombers has nothing to do with Brisbane, so clearly it's a Essendon rip off.

Sorry, but the Names for the Brisbane bid suck. And the Titans is not flash also - however at least Searle found something unique.

Slackboy72

Coach
I went to the western-bulldogs site and the history said 1997 is when they got their name changed.

They may have changed it from Footscray Football Club to Western Bulldogs but they've been known as the bulldogs from well before their only VFL premiership.

Here's a record from 1975
teamplace.jpg

I think you'll find that they were always known as the bulldogs, however the official club name changed to western bulldogs to gain a wider appeal to the western parts of Melbourne. Kind of like western suburbs and balmain made their club name "wests tigers rlc" instead of 'western suburbs - balmain rlc'

They may have changed it from Footscray Football Club to Western Bulldogs but they've been known as the bulldogs from well before their only VFL premiership.

Here's a record from 1975
teamplace.jpg

I understand, i dont know much about AFL so i just did some quick research, and thats what came up.

So yeah I admit; I was wrong.

smithie

Juniors
Who cares? When Canterbury became the Bulldogs we didnt have both codes cross pollinating districts.

Bombers has nothing to do with Brisbane, so clearly it's a Essendon rip off.

Sorry, but the Names for the Brisbane bid suck. And the Titans is not flash also - however at least Searle found something unique.

Sir Charles Kingsford Smith from Brisbane.
220px-CEKSmith.jpg
116q15w.jpg

Loudstrat

Coach
Sir Charles Kingsford Smith from Brisbane.
220px-CEKSmith.jpg
116q15w.jpg
Smithy never flew a bomber ffs. He flew with fighter squadrons in WWI.

He was 6 when the family moved to Vancouver, and 10 when they came to Sydney. After the war, he was a barnstormer in the US, so maybe the Barnstormers is appropriate.

But Bombers? That's like linking Captain Cook to Submarines.

beave

Coach
I can't express just how f**king rubbish I think this name is.........

Took me a while to get used to cowboys as IMO Marlins was a waaaaay better name, seeing as though 90% of the people up here live on the coast or near it as opposed to Cowboys which really only applies to a small amount of people up here. But 'Bombers' drinks balls I'm afraid, I will never like the name. It's a cheap stunt, I was going to get away fan membership and adopt them as my 2nd team but they've lost me with this, pure marketing stunt this shit is and nothing more, this crap about Kingsford Smith is laughable like strat said he had nothing to do with bombers.

Last edited: