What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Contract

DJShaksta

First Grade
This from Bird's old man...
"If it was about money for Jack, he would've signed with Newcastle," Mick Bird said. "Their deal was a lot better than Brisbane's if it's about money.
"To go and get the opportunity to play under Wayne Bennett – that's a privilege ."

Mate - Take the tip - keep it shut.

Learn from Lichaa's old man.

The third party deals from The Thoroughbreds would make our heads swim if we knew what Jack had been promised. It would put the Knights offer way into the shade.

It was for money. Simples.

And to keep rolling out the line about playing under Bennett.
A guy who's reputation is in tatters and to be judged on his last 6 years would see him lucky to be coaching at Moore park.

And the slur to Flanno?. the coach of last season's premiers. The ONLY guy to get the Sharks up in 50 years.
Who developed your son to a premiership winner and SOO honours.

Staggering comments.
Yeah, Jack should be on the phone to his saying STFU dad you're making it worse!
Mick Ennis has made comment that Flanno is gutted at the outcome.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yeah, Jack should be on the phone to his saying STFU dad you're making it worse!
Mick Ennis has made comment that Flanno is gutted at the outcome.

Flanno is coming out of this looking like a champion, you sense he takes players under his wing, and works for them to see them successful.

You hear it when he talks about Brailey knowing him and family for year.
Same with Josh Reynolds talks about knowing him for year.

I see Flanno not just a coach but treats them like family, and expects to be treated in a similiar manner, yes if you want to leave the club do it in a manner that shows respect, not going on like a lamb chop.

Dont worry Flanno, we are all behind you still

Quigs

Immortal
Question re donks game tonight. When the Drunk (ree-formed of course) scores the last try and it is awarded. When does the time clock stop. Because as Millford was lining up the kick the ref stopped the clock then. I reckon it was a good 30 seconds later after the try being given.

Check it out.

Anyhow ref awards time on as Millford comes in for the kick.

I think the Tits might of enjoyed another 30 seconds or so.

shaggs

Coach
I'm with ya quigs. What is the rule there??

I tell you what, the donkeys right centre was pretty damn good tonight. As was the 6, and the 1 is always good.

The 7 wasn't bad either. Do the broncos even need bird?? There problems aren't with those spots

Quigs

Immortal
Shit rule. And I'll tell youse another thing too. Nicatine would not of scored his try if the blind arse whistle blowers or the touchie called Millford for tackling the bloke from an offside marker positionl. The one which resulted in the Tits having a rushed kick which the Precious Dari-arse returned.

It should of been a Tits free kick. Even the commentator said as munch.

Born BB&W

Juniors
Cashes in our clubs 1st premiership and the hype.

Disrespectful to the club and all the fans.

Memories of him permanently tarnished.

Reserves all year with no release and no more free arthritis drugs.

Get your lazy ass up from Wollongong for your massage bird brain.

tye

Juniors
Geez there's some anger in here. As I said before it was always going to end in tears with Bird. He has never been happy since joining the club. He was going to go back to th saints before he even played a game for the club. Took an age to extend for 1 season last year. Constantly complaining about playing in the centres. We could just not make him happy despite all the success he has had at the club. Where ever he plays while his body is right he will be a star I have no doubt about that and I guess that is why we are all pissed he is leaving. If we can find a suitable replacement and it works in our favour I am all for giving him an early release, having him in the team or on the bench or even playing for the jets is only going to derail our season. On ya bike Jack!

I congratulate the club.
They have built a strong culture and they stayed true to it. Even after shifting it around a little to accommodate he still didn't sign.
In the end he was/is a centre for us, not that hard to replace.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Been a lot of emotion over this whole issue which I think has been been exaggerated by the fact he's gone to the filthy Broncos. If Jack had gone to the Knights I doubt there would be half the angst as there currently is. For a club that only has two local juniors in our top 17....we probably should realise more than most sides that footy is a business at the end of the day and not all guys share the same loyalty to clubs as the Gal's and other one club players. Be grateful that Jack was part of our first ever premiership and could still potentially be part of our second imo.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Des hooked the licker early yesterday and didn't return, I dare say you might see the last of him in the no9 for the Doggies. Disappointing to lose Bird but that's modern footy. No sense in getting upset about it but his dad should STFU. Stain supporter so I guess thats why he's putting his 2cents worth in.

southland

Juniors
Bird settling his contract, even tho he is setting sail, may actually improve his game for the rest of the season. He was been pretty f**ken hot and cold this year so far.

I think also everyone should remember Bird hasn't commented.

You can read it two ways.

1. He wants to get past this important game first.

Or.

2. He doesn't feel he needs to.

My 2 cents Jack. After Sunday's game make a statement showing your appreciation for what the Club has provided you in so many ways. Also mention the invaluable mentoring you have received from all the senior players. Tell everyone you have been promised the 5/8 position and that the Sharks couldn't promise you that and make that the point why you moved. Under no circumstances mention Bennett, that will definitely eat at Sharks supporters. Because Bennett sucks dick and Flanno shits over him as a coach and as a person.

If you make that kind of statement I think it will take some of the heat off you.

Frenzy.

Immortal
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-jack-bird-announcement-20170413-gvkpox.html

Hahahahaha. Wayne probably shitty because he was quoted to 2SM half an hour ago saying AFAHK Bird hasn't signed the contract yet.

Gal's comments

"To be honest I don't think it hurts too much at all," Gallen told Nine News. "I'm disappointed he's gone and I would have loved for him to stay. He's a talented, quality person. But you see superstars come along in this game and they're always replaced. There's always one coming along. There'll be another Jack Bird coming along. There'll be another three or four high-quality centres off contract that we can now go and chase."

Hahahaha only sees him as a centre it seems.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think also everyone should remember Bird hasn't commented.

You can read it two ways.

1. He wants to get past this important game first.

Or.

2. He doesn't feel he needs to.

My 2 cents Jack. After Sunday's game make a statement showing your appreciation for what the Club has provided you in so many ways. Also mention the invaluable mentoring you have received from all the senior players. Tell everyone you have been promised the 5/8 position and that the Sharks couldn't promise you that and make that the point why you moved. Under no circumstances mention Bennett, that will definitely eat at Sharks supporters. Because Bennett sucks dick and Flanno shits over him as a coach and as a person.

If you make that kind of statement I think it will take some of the heat off you.

You've heard him speak right? Can barely string 2 words together. Your spiel, as good as it is, would get stuck in his craw

Last edited:

Latest posts