What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird Contract

The best signing we have made was Luke Lewis.
He brought the winning culture and mentality to the players.
Lyall sorted the rest out. Without Lewis though, we wouldn't have had the right mindset to be anything more than competitive.

Replacing him will be one of the hardest things this club has to do.

Got to totally disagree there.

Lewis has been a huge signing for us no doubt.
But last year if we lost Maloney, Ennis or Barba for any game we really felt it.
Not so with Lewis.

If I had to list in order of key signings for us in the past few years according towhat they have achieved with the Club thus far I'd rank them this way;

1. Jimmy Maloney
2. Michael Ennis
3. Ben Barba
4. Wade Graham
5. Andrew Fifita
6. Luke Lewis
7. Chad Townsend
8. Valentine Holmes
9. Jack Bird
10. Chris Heighington
11. Matt Prior
12. Sosaia Feki

Interested to hear other views.

At the end of the day it's just our opinions but could make interesting discussion.

Geezus we really hit some good ones!!!!

Tiger Shark

Bench
Brailey will be better than Ennis
That inside ball to gal ( which I doubt he got down ) was all Ennis.
I'm assuming Ennis worked with him on it.
He is one the club has to keep.
Top priority.
In ten years he could be anything.

I'm not so sure it's all Ennis. He was doing those inside balls in NYC for a while in some form or another. Regardless he's got a big future and you can tell he's warming to first grade. Exciting to see how he progresses.

bubs

Juniors
If I had to list in order of key signings for us in the past few years according towhat they have achieved with the Club thus far I'd rank them this way;

1. Jimmy Maloney
2. Michael Ennis
3. Ben Barba
4. Wade Graham
5. Andrew Fifita
6. Luke Lewis
7. Chad Townsend
8. Valentine Holmes
9. Jack Bird
10. Chris Heighington
11. Matt Prior
12. Sosaia Feki

Personally, I'd have Bird, Holmes and Feki up higher.
Before the arrival of Bird in particular, our attack was pedestrian, our defence was great.
Bird debuts vs Roosters. Scores 2 tries, media sings his praises. Suddenly, over the next few weeks our attack has completely turned around, when Flanno finally realised what he had on his hands. Nothing fazed them, and it showed.
BBQ and Ennis came, Chad returned, and suddenly we were attacking powerhouses, and defensive giants.
We all sat through 5 years of crap. 2015 it all turned. Bird and Holmes were lynchpins.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Got to totally disagree there.

Lewis has been a huge signing for us no doubt.
But last year if we lost Maloney, Ennis or Barba for any game we really felt it.
Not so with Lewis.

1. Jimmy Maloney
2. Michael Ennis
3. Ben Barba
4. Wade Graham
5. Andrew Fifita
6. Luke Lewis
7. Chad Townsend
8. Valentine Holmes
9. Jack Bird
10. Chris Heighington
11. Matt Prior
12. Sosaia Feki

At the end of the day it's just our opinions but could make interesting discussion.

Geezus we really hit some good ones!!!!

The culture and professionalism that Lewis brought to this club is more than any of those signings combined.
He is the reason we have a winning mentality at the club now. Ask anyone around the club.
They speak more highly of him than any player we have had in the last 20 years.
Things changed when he turned up.

What he has brought to the club off the field, have significantly better it on the field.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The culture and professionalism that Lewis brought to this club is more than any of those signings combined.
He is the reason we have a winning mentality at the club now. Ask anyone around the club.
They speak more highly of him than any player we have had in the last 20 years.
Things changed when he turned up.

What he has brought to the club off the field, have significantly better it on the field.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...ronulla-sharks-nrl/1qi5jrjlxa0ai129e1lyd4jo6t

Stake Removed

First Grade
The most important play Lewis ever did for us, was not going for the double movement in grand final, he is all class and will be missed when he retires.

I have noticed Graham stepping up each week, and i give credit to Lewis for this Graham has a mentor at the club and this helps.

On do Gall, Lewis & Heigno go around next year it should depend on form for the first 2 yes, Heigno i think we have enough depth to cover him.

The end of 2018 again Lewis & Gall on form if they can go again then have them go again, it could be where they transition back to being bench players, in a way similiar to how most players start there career

DJShaksta

First Grade
Brailey will be better than Ennis
That inside ball to gal ( which I doubt he got down ) was all Ennis.
I'm assuming Ennis worked with him on it.
He is one the club has to keep.
Top priority.
In ten years he could be anything.
If he picks up a short kicking game like Ennis' then he may end up being one of our best. He's just so composed for a kid and I haven't seen him shy away from anything thrown at him yet.
His passing is fast and accurate, he picks his runs, and yes that ball to Gal was vintage Ennis - the step, little dummy and then the ball back inside. You know Mick would've been cheering that hard!

carcharias

Immortal
If he picks up a short kicking game like Ennis' then he may end up being one of our best. He's just so composed for a kid and I haven't seen him shy away from anything thrown at him yet.
His passing is fast and accurate, he picks his runs, and yes that ball to Gal was vintage Ennis - the step, little dummy and then the ball back inside. You know Mick would've been cheering that hard!

He has some agro but I'm yet to see any smart arse stuff that can lead to penalties.

Of course it was Ennis
It was a carbon copy.

Quigs

Immortal
He has some agro but I'm yet to see any smart arse stuff that can lead to penalties.

Of course it was Ennis
It was a carbon copy.
And Captain Gal appreciated it too. He was over the moon for the kid and the way he put it on.

southland

Juniors
I dream of Lewis and Gal coming off the bench for a swan song year. Imagine those two popping onto the field after 25mins they would absolutely smash it.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I dream of Lewis and Gal coming off the bench for a swan song year. Imagine those two popping onto the field after 25mins they would absolutely smash it.
The dream would be that If those two were on the bench imagine the talent in the two blokes that started!