What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Board meeting with Anderson

Punk

Juniors
Anderson and the board have met tonight to discuss the latest controversies, according to the Leader.
Has anybody heard anything post-meeting?

cheese

Bench
Not that i know of .......i'll keep an eye on sports tonight though...

........i hope the bunch of skirts came to some kind of arrangement

The Popper

Bench
Me too, Cheese. I've had a gutful of all this. To bad we don't have a bloke like Frank Facer around, he woulda kept a lid on this bloody rubbish.

Frenzy

Juniors
First up, it was not a meeting WITH Anderson. It was a normal meeting where Anderson's position would be discussed.

Under unfair dismissal laws an employee must receive three warnings in writing to be legally dismissed.

Ando has had 2.

Expect a third to go out today.

From www.smh.com.au

Embattled Cronulla coach Chris Anderson yesterday insisted he wanted to stay at the club - for the sake of the players.

It is understood the Sharks' directors last night drafted a third and final breach notice to be sent to Anderson this week.

It is believed the warning letter relates to comments he allegedly made to Cronulla general manager Steve Rogers and president Barry Pierce over the club's decision to sack his son, Jarrad, from the playing roster.

Under NSW Industrial Relations Law, Anderson now has the right to put forward a case why the breach notice should be withdrawn.

Because he is leaving for New Zealand next Tuesday with the Kangaroos, who then have just a day back in the country before departing for their tour of Britain, Anderson is likely to be given until December to reply.

But the move formally sets in motion attempts by the club to sack him without paying out the remainder of his contract, which contains a clause automatically entitling him to a two-year extension if the Sharks make the top eight next season.

To avoid a potential court case, it is expected he will be offered a settlement, but Anderson said he planned to resist attempts to drive him from the club because of loyalty to the new players joining the Sharks next season and those he had blooded in first grade this year.

"I'd like to stay here and finish the job with the players. That's my main concern," Anderson said. "We introduced 15 new players to first grade this year, and the club has made some good signings [Nigel Vagana, Andrew Lomu, Michael Russo and Nathan Merritt] for next season. I don't want to leave them in a situation like this."

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
From my perspective, geez they did well on this.
If they can get out of monetary damage than it could well be the play of the year.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Stuart Raper has to be sacked.

His open style of football is washed up.
He has to get the team flat for the Sharks to get anywhere.
& he never whinges about the refs!! How is he supposed to get us anywhere!!!! & when the t..............................

PJ

First Grade
From my perspective, geez they did well on this.
If they can get out of monetary damage than it could well be the play of the year.

THat's the things isn't it, they can't.

The article mentions a payout, and that wouldn't be small.

The article says Anderson will resist, so he just has to prove one letter had some bias. SHouldn't be difficult with all the BS the board has been leaking to the press. Not to metion if Rogers didn't recieve a warning letter for being fined yet Ando did that throws more mud at it.

Then if they go ahead anyway Ando will probably win in court. Possibly not the full amount bet certainly enough to cause serious damage. If he won the lot it could be shut the doors.

But just think how much fun you could have gloating then.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
PJ said:
. Not to metion if Rogers didn't recieve a warning letter for being fined yet Ando did that throws more mud at it.
I find this one confusing .
A board of directors issuing warnings to employees?
I think the CEO would be the one handling the warnings, if even soley under instruction from the board.
Can't imagine this letter letter from Rogers.

Dear Steve
You stuffed up, you idiot! Two more and your ggoorrnnnee!!!
Signed
Steve

Yeah I know!!!

PJ said:
THat's the things isn't it, they can't.

The article mentions a payout, and that wouldn't be small.

The article says Anderson will resist, so he just has to prove one letter had some bias. SHouldn't be difficult with all the BS the board has been leaking to the press. Not to metion if Rogers didn't recieve a warning letter for being fined yet Ando did that throws more mud at it.

Then if they go ahead anyway Ando will probably win in court. Possibly not the full amount bet certainly enough to cause serious damage. If he won the lot it could be shut the doors.

PJ, the laws are very specific on dismisal laws, provided they go about it the right way (which they seem to be doing) they're not obliged to payout anything except the usual annual leave, long service, superanuation etc already owing.

They'll probably offer a sweetener as well, just to make it more palitable, but they're under no obligation to.

cheese

Bench
Looks like they might be about to shoot him between the eyes......

Looking forward to the end of this soap opera........

I cant imagine any of the players respecting Raper for quite a while though .......he's a nuff whiteant! I hope they do though ....i couldnt stand another year like this, all this infighting makes souths look like easts!

millersnose

Post Whore
cheese said:
Looks like they might be about to shoot him between the eyes......

Looking forward to the end of this soap opera........

I cant imagine any of the players respecting Raper for quite a while though .......he's a nuff whiteant! I hope they do though ....i couldnt stand another year like this, all this infighting makes souths look like easts!

oh no you aren't gonna become the post ando reefy are you cheese :lol:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
cheese said:
..i couldnt stand another year like this, all this infighting makes souths look like easts!

But Cheese, how many times did you say how much you were enjoying this year??!!!!
All will be better soon but just remember one thing.
Anderson = infighting & self destruction.

Jimbo

Immortal
Wrong.

Anderson = a much beter chance of bagging a premiership than some untried neville that might suck up to the board a bit more.

If Anderson goes, we are in very deep trouble.

wittyfan

Referee
Jimbo said:
Wrong.

Anderson = a much beter chance of bagging a premiership than some untried neville that might suck up to the board a bit more.

If Anderson goes, we are in very deep trouble.

We're in very very deep trouble now with Anderson as coach.

millersnose

Post Whore
3 warnings

constant public conflict with the board

acussing the NRL and refferees of incompetance

ridding the club of experienced players and replacing them with nobodies\
taking a team that was in the finals to the verge of the spoon

crowd figures down

sponsorship dollars about to dry up because we are not on TV anymore

tell me jimbo

how much more trouble can we possibly be in?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah Jimbo.
your going to have to get behind the new coach.
Stop bagging out the Sharks & painting things in such a negative light.

R U sure you are not a saints supporter?

:lol: :lol:

Latest posts