What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd to quit club

slotmachine

First Grade
He was the 7th best fullback in the comp last year based on CVR, when he was supposedly putting in.
Was 17th (in a 16 team comp, LOL) earlier this season.

$600k for a middle of the road fullback seems poor value, and that's before taking into account the dickhead factor.

hugzy

Juniors
He was the 7th best fullback in the comp last year based on CVR, when he was supposedly putting in.
Was 17th (in a 16 team comp, LOL) earlier this season.

$600k for a middle of the road fullback seems poor value, and that's before taking into account the dickhead factor.

Pretty much sums up the situation. The money can be spent on one of the many gem halves off contract

Alex28

Coach
Pretty much sums up the situation. The money can be spent on one of the many gem halves off contract

And this remains the point. When he goes like everybody wants him to, who do we get to replace him that leaves us in a stronger position?

We laugh at Canberra and the string of players rejecting them, however we'd be in the same position if we went to the market chasing Origin players...

Nuffy

Bench
And this remains the point. When he goes like everybody wants him to, who do we get to replace him that leaves us in a stronger position?

We laugh at Canberra and the string of players rejecting them, however we'd be in the same position if we went to the market chasing Origin players...

Mentioned it in the other thread but he IS leaving us, has already said so.

So we do need to identify a replacement, assuming Darbs in Brisvegas bound, I reckon Hoffman is one player on the outer.

He is Gagai's cousin, so that might be an in for us.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Back page of tomorrow's paper is reporting an incident involving Darius at a Hunter Valley hotel a few weeks ago...

Spot On

Coach
Haha. Wish he could punch holes in the defensive line more often. The tv and the wall shouldn't be that threatening to him.

Looks like the media have decided to stick the boot into Boyd any way they can. you just give up. He makes it easy for them.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Nothing story. He apologised and paid for the damage. It would hardly rate a mention if it wasn't Boyd.

Still though, I'm slightly suspicious how that kind of damage would have been caused while he was allegedly just there with his wife...

Yosh

Coach
Well that changes everything. Depression is a serious issue and I'm willing to take back everything I've said about the bloke if he really does have depression. Hope he can get over it soon.

Burns

First Grade
Press release says there is no time frame for Boyd return to football, does that mean it isn't playing this weekend/rest of season?

Apparently he is in a bad bad way. The boys have known for some time he is in trouble but have closed up shop around him. Football is the last thing that matters here. Would explain his erratic behaviour. We as A club need to take care of him. Show him he is cared for by Newcastle. What he decides after that is irrelevant. It is obvious now our club was never the issue for him. He needs his family in Qld. Fair enough.

Noname36

First Grade
I didn't realise his issues were that serious. I really do wish him the best. He has had a tough trott this year with the alleged problems with his wife and we know he lived and played with Macca for years. Plus the shit he got from Tinkler and the media. All of those issues coming together for someone with depression would be pretty terrible.

perverse

Referee
Yep, I feel like a bit of a merkin now. Get well soon, Darius. I feel bad about assuming the worst about you.

Best thing we can do is protect him as a club, care for him and offer him a new contract if he wants it after his head is cleared. However long that takes. Just as an act of goodwill to show we still regard him highly. He is free to do whatever he wishes regardless. Get well soon Darbs.

Latest posts