What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart.

Ash Lowe

Juniors
Is he considered a top class star in the NRL ?

I must say everytime i've seen him play his impressed me loads and still has age on his side.

Is on the verge of a Origin or Natoinal call up ?

Thanks!

slamminsam246

Juniors
Probably not a 'Top Class Star' - more a 'Promising, Exciting Youngster'. 5 times a better fullback than that other newbie karmichael hunt. Stewart can tackle when he needs to and is also faster and scores more tries.
(you must have accidently misplaced some letters.)
I would say Stewy is not on the verge of an Origin or Australian call-up because Minichiello and Hodgson are in the picture. Will play Origin (and Australia) in about 2 or 3 more years.

effnic

Bench
Brett Stewart is the most exciting player ive seen in a while my heart skips a beat everytime he runs with the ball.

groggo

Juniors
he wears the famous number 1 on his back just like the legends before him

Stewie is a game breaker for sure

effnic

Bench
and when witt gets the ball my heart skips aswell cause i always think hes gonna drop it.

wittyfan

Referee
And Brett Stewart never does?

Stewart02.jpg

c_eagle

Juniors
He needs to bulk up a bit. He doesn't make many metres from kick returns because he's scared he'll hurt himself. Minichello basically throws himself at the defensive line while Stewart surrenders in order to avoid getting hurt.

Langers

Juniors
I've seen Brett a few times this off season and he has significantly bulked up compared to what he was last preseason. I think he's in for a great year.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
C is right though, he totally needs to hit the Peter Peters diet and put on some KG's. He'd be the smallest fullback in the comp by far.

t-ba

Post Whore
effnic said:
Roy Bell anyone?

First Grade anyone?

It's a fair criticism. Stewart is solid to brilliant in pretty much every aspect of play bar his kick returns. Improve on that and he'll be one of the best pure fullbacks of this generation.

*Edit*: He was on the verge of selection for NSW country until he turned in a woeful effort against the Broncos under the Suncorp stadium lights on National TV the Friday before the City vs Country clash.