What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brickbats to Channel 9 ...

Azkatro

First Grade
Tonight's game was a great advertisement for rugby league, but there was one thing that brought it down in a big way. Why Andrew Voss/Channel 9 opted to bring up the alledged "death threats" against Canberra's coach and captain is baffling. And as if mentioning it wasn't bad enough, the crowning glory was Tim Gilbert grilling Matthew Elliot about it shortly after his team had suffered a heartbreaking exit from the competition.

Did that whole episode leave a sour taste in anybody else's mouth?

G_G

Juniors
Absolutely, was thinking the same thing. Great game, great crowd, 5 mins to go with the scores tied and Vossy throws that in. It was as if he was thinking "wow this is all too positive for Rugby League I had better bring it down a bit".

Twice Elliot had to say he didn't feel comfortable discussing it before they left it alone. Not good.

Frenzy

Juniors
I'm another who found the quizzing of Elliott innapropriate. I'm really not surprised that things like this happen with any of the 9 Staff though.

Like old players, old commentators reach a use by date IMO and most of those guys reached their's years ago. The time is nigh for new blood at the microphone. The desperation shown in badgering Elliott last night highlighted the lack of ideas these guys now have.

Elliott on the other hand was superb in defeat. Well done Matthew!

Canterbury

Juniors
Andrew Voss is a joke.

Ch.9 League commentry is in all sorts of troubles if thats the best we've got.

He's probably a nice bloke but he should stick to sideline, and not come up to the box for the post match comments =/..

Sterlo would be a better option

Noel

Juniors
Andrew Voss at least tries to promote League at the grassroots level. He occasionally mentions games such as Saturday's Greece Vs Italy match and the Arrive Alive cup. Agreed, the bomb threat sensationalism was not necessary.

Latest posts