What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Bombers Bid

Perth Red

Post Whore
A second Brisbane team may strengthen the broncos. It certainly helped WC eagles when the freo dockers were admitted and created a rivalry

Gaze, how about having a go at a Bombers jersey?.

sheepbender

Juniors
Is Redcliffe the major town/city that is at the south of the Sunshine Coast?

I understand I have the name/location mixed up, but I'm sure Redcliffe is to the north of Brisbane which is or nearing the Sunshine Coast region?

My thoughts are that the Brisbane Dolphins could represent the northern areas of Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast area. Something needs to be done to change this massive monoply that the Broncos have within the Brisbane area!

Redcliffe isnt in the same council area as the Sunshine Coast, its in the Moretan Bay Council area, and its in the south east part of the area too..Its closer to Brisbane CBD than it is to the Sunshine coast

LJC

Juniors

So the Broncos can just carry on having one of the biggest markets in the NRL.

The fact that a Brisbane city derby would be a great addition to the competition is being ignored for the sake of this massive monoply!
Brisbane deserves another RL team in the NRL!

Top flight NRL deserves to be played in Brisbane every weekend!That is what the AFL mob are doing with their city teams-making sure a city derby occurs and their top flight "training runs" are played every weekend in whatever city!

The 2nd team needs to be well marketed and well named. I think Brisbane Dolphins is an OK name and could be easily linked to the northern region of Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. The Broncs can have the rest!

Surely this Broncos greediness cant go unchecked forever!

Last edited:

gyallop

Juniors
Immediate problem is Redcliffe is a Broncos club and I guess you arent from Qld or you would know Sunshine Coast in Australia's elephant grave yard....might be a decent population but they are on their last lattes. The juniors total around 3000 and travel to Suncorp is a nightmare no rail link and a busy highway. The Bombers babble on about being a Brisbane Club but the only Qld Cup that is willing/able to talk is Sunshine Coast as without Manly they are a financial basket case and cant even field a FOGS team so we have a Brisbane bid based on a sunshine coast feeder system that has no money or playing strength.......yep that will work.

Quidgybo

Bench
Surely this Broncos greediness cant go unchecked forever!
Hurting an existing team is simply the wrong motivation for any expansion decision. That doesn't preclude a second Brisbane team. And it doesn't mean a second Brisbane team wouldn't actually help the Broncos grow. But it needs to be done properly, either targeting a different area within the larger SE Queensland region or targeting a different demographic to the Broncos. Adding new sides simply to damage our most successful existing sides doesn't grow the game. It diminishes it.

Leigh.

Last edited:

LJC

Juniors
Immediate problem is Redcliffe is a Broncos club and I guess you arent from Qld or you would know Sunshine Coast in Australia's elephant grave yard....might be a decent population but they are on their last lattes. The juniors total around 3000 and travel to Suncorp is a nightmare no rail link and a busy highway. The Bombers babble on about being a Brisbane Club but the only Qld Cup that is willing/able to talk is Sunshine Coast as without Manly they are a financial basket case and cant even field a FOGS team so we have a Brisbane bid based on a sunshine coast feeder system that has no money or playing strength.......yep that will work.

Appreciate the insight, but if you still think that the Broncos monopoly is a good thing for RL in Brisbane I have to dissagree.

Its farcical that the Broncos are continuing with their "unchallenged monopoly" of the Brisbane market!

Another well marketed team in Brisbane is a must!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ball options they are considering as part of their membership pack. Wonder where they got that idea from? :)

311153_417221201678537_1120529959_n.jpg

applesauce

Bench
Made a concept for what should of been the basis of the team (docbrown will appreciate this). It is based off the Brisbane coat of arms (with Griffins) and is more appropriate to Brisbane than "Bombers".

Brisbane coat of arms:
00000000000000060524.png

Royals Logo:
BNE_ROYALS.jpg

Royals is a running name, could also be Griffins, Monarchs, Kings etc.

Jersey would be like the shield (all blue and white horizontal stripes).

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
Like the Royals name but another blue/gold team in SEQ? Gold/purple are considered regal, might work.

I the jesey would be Blue, White.

Like this:

91ca6574e2b12e21795b7ad4932307bf.png

No offence but Dogs are blue and white already and that jersey looks like a cheap rip off of one of theirs. What about orange and blue, or black and yellow, silver and purple etc. colours which aren't dominate in the comp already.

Latest posts