What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Bombers Bid

Diesel

Referee
Would that be the same people who already go for the Titans or Cowboys or Warriors or any other of the 12 teams?

So true. If the Bombers had more focus on grass roots and community support instead of going on about corporate support they'd be onto a winner however everything people hate about the Broncos is in this bid, except the Broncs are well established. The Western Brisbane bid (in theory) is far more supported than his plastic bid.

Perth Red

Post Whore
so is it a membership to CQ Capras or the NRL bid? Bit like Souths claiming NS members?

re Bombers they are lining up 2-3 Q'land cup clubs and seem to be targetting the sunshine coast for a link up which makes sense since Manly had to pull out. I'm please they are launching memberships, will give us an indication of their potential support.

What I feared with this stalling of any direction by the ARLC is happening though with bids continuing to throw money away and engage fans who are going to be very disappointed after investing their hard earned.

Last edited:

CQ Italia

Juniors
so is it a membership to CQ Capras or the NRL bid? Bit like Souths claiming NS members?

re Bombers they are lining up 2-3 Q'land cup clubs and seem to be targetting the sunshine coast for a link up which makes sense since Manly had to pull out. I'm please they are launching memberships, will give us an indication of their potential support.

What I feared with this stalling of any direction by the ARLC is happening though with bids continuing to throw money away and engage fans who are going to be very disappointed after investing their hard earned.
Capras membership, but now the Capras have the same chairman, CEO, operating manager and admin manager as the bid and several bid members on the capras board and basically formed a "merger". It's basically the closest proper on-field "season membership" the bid can have/run until any NRL licence.

gul15

Juniors
Just being a dumb NSW’man, would it be possible to get a map of QLD/Brisbane to show where each bid is based and there proposed catchment?
It is all getting a bit confusing for me!

sheepbender

Juniors
Just being a dumb NSW’man, would it be possible to get a map of QLD/Brisbane to show where each bid is based and there proposed catchment?
It is all getting a bit confusing for me!

This would be a rough effort and rough idea.. Anyone else can feel free to correct me..

qld_map_by_sheepbender-d5lql4c.jpg

Cowboys at the top, Titans at the bottom.. Didnt include Broncos, cos really, theyre everywhere being the #1 team.. Looking at it now, Bombers probably have a bigger scope west, but they area theyre aiming for is all of Brisbane up past the Sunshine Coast and Gympie

LJC

Juniors
Simple demographics point to a 2nd Brisbane team. I think it wise to incorporate the Sunshine Coast and would prefer the franchise go by the name of Brisbane Dolphins and have a strong link to the Sunshine Coast Dolphins club.

There are alot of people who do not follow the Broncos in Brisbane. The Broncos will try their utmost to deflect bids from the Brisbane area in order to maintain their monopoly of the city. So when you hear the Broncs supporting a bid it will be a bid from outside of Brisbane.

Simple as that!

Simple demographics point to a 2nd Brisbane team. I think it wise to incorporate the Sunshine Coast and would prefer the franchise go by the name of Brisbane Dolphins and have a strong link to the Sunshine Coast Dolphins club.

There are alot of people who do not follow the Broncos in Brisbane. The Broncos will try their utmost to deflect bids from the Brisbane area in order to maintain their monopoly of the city. So when you hear the Broncs supporting a bid it will be a bid from outside of Brisbane.

Simple as that!

Don't you mean Redcliffe Dolphins? Sunshine Coast is the Sea Eagles..

Diesel

Referee
I'm not excited by the Bombers at all. The IC needs to make a decision about Sydney and their long term plan and then relocate teams to the Sunny Coast or let the Redcliffe Dolphins have the area in 2020 or some future date. The Bombers will end up like the Crushers in their final season as there is just no community engagement in a RL heartland

sheepbender

Juniors

Simple as that!

2 things, as was said, its the Redcliffe Dolphins, the Sunshine Coast is about an hour north of Redcliffe.

And no current NRL team is ever likely to support a new teams bid for entry..

Clarke

Juniors
I'm not excited by the Bombers at all. The IC needs to make a decision about Sydney and their long term plan and then relocate teams to the Sunny Coast or let the Redcliffe Dolphins have the area in 2020 or some future date. The Bombers will end up like the Crushers in their final season as there is just no community engagement in a RL heartland

The decision on Sydney is that no team is going to die or be removed from Sydney (involuntarily)

LJC

Juniors
Is Redcliffe the major town/city that is at the south of the Sunshine Coast?

I understand I have the name/location mixed up, but I'm sure Redcliffe is to the north of Brisbane which is or nearing the Sunshine Coast region?

My thoughts are that the Brisbane Dolphins could represent the northern areas of Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast area. Something needs to be done to change this massive monoply that the Broncos have within the Brisbane area!

Is Redcliffe the major town/city that is at the south of the Sunshine Coast?

I understand I have the name/location mixed up, but I'm sure Redcliffe is to the north of Brisbane which is or nearing the Sunshine Coast region?

My thoughts are that the Brisbane Dolphins could represent the northern areas of Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast area. Something needs to be done to change this massive monoply that the Broncos have within the Brisbane area!

Redcliffe is still over an hour from Sunshine Coast, it's decent size suburb but if taken as a town it's rather small.

Quidgybo

Bench
Something needs to be done to change this massive monoply that the Broncos have within the Brisbane area!
Why? Wouldn't it make more sense to *expand* into one of the other areas of the greater SE Queensland region that doesn't have any team (such as the afore mentioned Sunshine Coast or the Logan-Ipswich-Toowoomba corridor) than double dipping in Brisbane to cut down one of the game's most successful teams? Hurting an existing team is simply the wrong motivation for any expansion decision.

Leigh.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Which is one of the reasons the Western bid is getting more positive conversations. One of many reasons that bid is better than the Bombers.

Latest posts