What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos Development Thread

Locky24

Juniors
I posted positions and where the players have come from in the NYC thread.

I just don't know where Matt Smith or Chris Kuridrani have come from.

Not too shabby though, with Baptiste, Whitchurch, Frei, Kahu and Cullen there we'll give it another shake.

I went to school with Matt Smith, He went to Browns Plains High School, His junior club was Browns Plains Bears, and he was previously playing for Wynnum Manly Seagulls

Last edited:

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Smith went really well last year for Wynnum colts particularly in the grand final. He's a tough, workhorse type prop.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Ben Reuter. I hope plays broncos nyc this year after a good season with the Gatton Hawks(My hometown club). I don't know the exact circmstances but he was involved with the broncos since he was a junior then was told he didn't have enough bulk and was dropped out of broncos system to play with the hawks last year where he won colt of the year in the toowoomba comp and now he's back. Its true to say any prospective nrl player signed from a junior eventually gets told to put on bulk. I use to look at a ben and think 'he's just a kid' now I look and 'he's a man' in size although still young. Hobie Willmott is another gatton junior involved with the broncos but won't see him for another year or two if he continues.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Norths beat the NYC squad 22-12 last night. Would have been more but the lights went out so it was game over.

Timmah6991

Juniors
You probably won't find much on Chris Kuridrani. His real name is Kirisi Kuridrani and is a junior Fiji rep. Played a lot of fullback. I think he may have had a bit of a rugby union background, I'm not entirely sure.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
You probably won't find much on Chris Kuridrani. His real name is Kirisi Kuridrani and is a junior Fiji rep. Played a lot of fullback. I think he may have had a bit of a rugby union background, I'm not entirely sure.

a player agent found him playing 3rd grade in the Brisbane rugby union comp. big unit played with more strapping than Hondo Gratton.

general_lee

Juniors
a player agent found him playing 3rd grade in the Brisbane rugby union comp. big unit played with more strapping than Hondo Gratton.

Chris Kuridrani was playing Premier Rugby last year as well as rep rugby under the name Chris Nasiganiyavi and he missed out on a reds contract before joining the broncos

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Does anyone have any info on how the under 20's trial vs the Storm went. In terms of team list and the score?

isaiah

Bench
I think the team to start the season would be:

1. Jordan Kahu
2. BJ Burgess
3. Aaron Whitchurch
4. Jerome Leedy
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Danny White
7. Louis Frisby
8. Jarrod Wallace
9. Kurt Baptiste
10. Jake Seaton
11. Mitchell Frei
12. Fred Lang-Sui
13. Benn Malley

14. Waita Setu
15. Mboya Adams
16. Tennyson Elliott
17. Chris Binge

danny white at 6? club profile says front or second row from nerang, 196cm, 101 kg, big five eighth?

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
Dane Gagai is a backline utility who came to the Broncos from Brisbane State High where he played inside centre and captained their 1st XV.

He's the cousin of fullback Josh Hoffman and as well as Josh, is related to Wendell Sailor.

Came to the Broncos as a fullback initally but he had problems positioning himself and was usually picked off very easy by opposition defences. He was shifted onto the wing where he was strong out of dummy half and had no problems finishing off tries.

In 2010 he replaced captain Todd Murphy at the back after Round 1 and never looked back from there. He was in firm control at the back and showed his hand as a lethal hole runner and something of a playmaker.

He's apart of the Broncos full-time senior squad for next season and has been ordered to bulk up.

In not so good news, apparently he was run down by a prop in today's game...

He went to BBC.
Andrew Mccullough went to BSHS.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
I should really get a handle on who is and who isn't a private school.

Thanks guys.

Brisbane State High is not a private school. But they are still part of GPS. Wally Lewis went to BSHS and has been seen in the past at Ferguson Rd looking for potential league recruits.

The Crane

Juniors
Brisbane State High School are part of the GPS competition because they were the first State High School in Brisbane. You are right, it is not a private school, but competes in the GPS system against the other private schools.

Sidestep

Juniors
Re 19 year old Brandon Lee ( i can not post original link-not enough posts) nsw source revealed he made his debut in First Grade for Coffs Harbour Comets last Sunday after returning from Mal Meninga Cup commitments. Showed versatilty playing in the number 9, awarded man of match. Plays trials for nsw catholic school selection at St Marys next Fri and Sat. A typical display will see him selected in the backrow and vying for Aust school boy selection at the School boy Nationals in July.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
Re 19 year old Brandon Lee ( i can not post original link-not enough posts) nsw source revealed he made his debut in First Grade for Coffs Harbour Comets last Sunday after returning from Mal Meninga Cup commitments. Showed versatilty playing in the number 9, awarded man of match. Plays trials for nsw catholic school selection at St Marys next Fri and Sat. A typical display will see him selected in the backrow and vying for Aust school boy selection at the School boy Nationals in July.

He was awesome in The Crow.