What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Rugby League Trivia .....

mud n blood

Juniors
Thought I'd kick this off. You answer the question correctly, you get to ask one yourself unless you wish to pass .....

What year did Logan City Scorpions join the Brisbane Rugby League ?

Big Tommy

Juniors
The actually joined the lower grade competition of the BRL (I think the old Third Grade from memory) in about 1982 or 83?

Am I correct quizmaster?

zulu

Juniors
Didn't they make the final of the Woolies comp v Seagulls Diehards in the following season (1988)?

Greg Sutton and Dennis Cook were members of that 87 c grade team. Two good Norths boys. (although some would say Easts boys too).

zulu

Juniors
133.jpg

And here's a very small pic of the the winning Scorpions team from that successful first year.

oxenham

Juniors
85 or 86
The competition was split in two.
Saturday was C grade under 21 and 19 b(they had two colts teams back then)
Sunday was A reserve and 19a.
Allan Henricks used to coach Norths Cs back then.
Zu can't remember Sutto and Cookie playing for Logan.Sutto was a great bloke and underated.The Price brothers were another couple of Easts players who came over around then.

mud n blood

Juniors
:D correct Sarge ..... '87 was the year.

And yes - they lost the third grade grand final in 1987 by 18-4 to Redcliffe.

Sarge - you now have the floor for a question of your own !!! Over to you ....

oxenham

Juniors
Zu and Know thunink
I was just flipping through Zus old pics and sure enough there is a picture of Logan winning the Cs in 87(it sure looks like Sutto and Cookie played for them....or their twins....I thought Dennis would have still been playing for Norths then)
Even though they won that year, I am uncretain if it was their first year...Mud I think we have every year covered....when was it?

oxenham

Juniors
Mud
The picture shows them winning the Cs in 87, however you indicate they were beaten by Redcliffe......which one is right?
What else did they win?

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Redcliffe definately won C grade 1987 with Colin Part as the captain
Logan Side was
Doug Hughes
Len Porter
Russell Houston
Craig Hubbard
Justin Hallun
Greg Sutton (c)
Dennis Cook
Brian Walker
Paul Bartier
Mark O'Sullivan
Tony McLachlan
Glen Cretan
Robert Kirshaw
Replacements
Harry Manwaring
Terry Mulchy
Willie Cunningham
Robert Newell

oxenham

Juniors
I will have a go.
That would be pretty close to when Turtle was in gladstone.
Billy Johnston?
On an aside Turtle made sure they bound very tightly when packing in against Billy. :lol:

zulu

Juniors
Turtle went to Gladstone in 84 I think.

Billy sounds like a good choice, but I'll go for one from left field, Shane Bernardin.

oxenham

Juniors
Zu
You are right about Turtle .....I had to rush to the pub to get the Sydney Treble on.......mud , how many goes do you get?

mud n blood

Juniors
Firstly, it was the KB Cup in '82 ..... :?

I know we lost to Balmain before belting the South Island Kiwis .... turtle was hooker against Parra in the 1/4 final, so I'll guess it was him. I do have those records, but thought I'd take a stab ....) Did Johnstone ever rep in the starting side for Brisbane ?

Latest posts