What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRL in 2016

Great conclusion today at Bashup Park with Redcliffe winning the BRL premiership 31-30 with a John Brady field goal (40 metres out I reckon) after about 9 minutes of extra time.

The Dolphins conceded an early try but soon built up a 22-6 lead in no time before the Jets got one back to make it 22-16 at half time.

The defending premiers had the better of a lot of the second half and finally levelled the match up with about 9 minutes from full time.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Saw the last couple of minutes on the live feed.

Certainly a dramatic finish and what looked to be an ambitious attempt at field goal was the match winner.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fantastic game. Watched the lot on the feed. Thought the refereeing was quite good too. Both teams delivered a quality spectacle.

Not sure if others agree but it would be nice if the BRL GF could be played as part of QRL Grand Final day or at least the same weekend?

Diehards

Juniors
Looks like being a few changes to the comp next year with Carina, Normanby & Gaters all likely to drop out

Diehards

Juniors
Not that I have heard - I think it might be best to run with a 7 team comp and equal out some of the talent
It is too uneven with the likes of Ipswich Wynnum & Redcliffe all having direct Reserve Grade teams while the others get the scraps

Diehards

Juniors
I think it can work but all the teams need to be on a level playing field. The original concept was each ISC had 2 feeder BRL teams and players were distributed equally to both but that has not happened. You have Wynnum & Ipswich & Redcliffe to a lesser extent having 'full time' squads which the others just cant compete with.

I will be interested with the format for next year

Latest posts