What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Recruitment

Nightward

Juniors
Waddell was must better - couldn't get much worse from his first appearance.

However, let's look long term.

I said it earlier in the year - Nikorima looks like he's just not happen coming in off the bench. He is a half being shoehorned into the No. 9 spot, and I honestly don't see him as a long-term proposition.

Depending on how long Jack Reed takes to make it back the Nikorima situation might work itself out.

Most likely we lose him to another club though.

Dazzat

First Grade
Depending on how long Jack Reed takes to make it back the Nikorima situation might work itself out.

Most likely we lose him to another club though.

I think the writing is on the wall that Nikorima will head off to the Storm.

Not sure what you're suggesting with regard to Reed.

Nightward

Juniors
Reed is going to be out for a while due to his shoulder injury. Kahu is obviously next to slot in but is more fragile than spun glass himself, so Nikorima could easily find himself in position to take the centre slot for large portions of the season.

If he does well enough then depending on if Reed recovers enough to come back he could be a longer-term proposition there.

Much more likely we lose him to another club though, sure. And I suspect ultimately Kahu will follow, whatever his potential he has horrible luck with injuries. I think he's going to find himself in the same position Scott Prince once did with us; would probably rather stay, but we just can't offer him the money he could get elsewhere due to the length of time he's out injured.

Dazzat

First Grade
Can't see Bennett putting Nikorima in the centres.

I think he'll be bringing in Pearson or Opacic or someone else I'm unaware of.

He'd be crazy weakening our bench in such a crucial position (No. 9) to bolster the centres.

Nightward

Juniors
Can't see Bennett putting Nikorima in the centres.

I think he'll be bringing in Pearson or Opacic or someone else I'm unaware of.

He'd be crazy weakening our bench in such a crucial position (No. 9) to bolster the centres.

He was deployed to the centres during the run of injuries in the last game and hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire coming on as a hooker this season either.

I don't get the ongoing experiment with replacing the hooker since it stifles our attack but Bennet does seem committed to it.

gUt

Coach
One thing this season has shown me is the reduced interchange has not had the impact on others teams' big men as I'm sure Bennett thought it would. It looked a good theory to have a pack full of backrowers but teams that use any degree of competence with their rotation are just rolling through us like a bowling ball through the pins.

And we're letting our biggest forward leave with all his upside still to come. It's little wonder Hunt, Milford, Roberts etc have to constantly try to run sideways.

The biggest player on our team is a winger.

Snappy

Coach
Yeh its not going to get any better anytime soon. Wallace and Parker leaving and no one coming in to take their place. Arrow is not good enough at this stage to replace Parker IMO. We need one or two established big merkins up front to compete with other forward packs. We're clearly banking on the young guys but I think we need to recruit someone big with experience. The backs cant do much when the team is constantly on the back foot.

Whats Doing

Bench
James Roberts worse ever Broncos signing?
His defence was always terrible at the Titans but was overlooked because he scored a bagful of tries. Now that he he not scoring nowhere near the same number of tries as with the Titans, his defensive flaws are being brutally exposed. He has let in more tries this year than scored!!!

Dazzat

First Grade
Neil Henry has done what Anthony Griffin couldn't - reign in Hoffman. Mead is pretty much the same - goes public telling us he wants to play fullback as well.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Should the broncos circle Sam Moa?

I say yes.

With some good coaching and a fresh surrounding we could good value from his last 2 years. Good wrecking ball prop that could just get the ugly stuff done, built like Webcke just without the same amount of heart.

Latest posts