What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos targeting Jason Demetriou

BennyV

Referee
Does anyone else believe that one of the reasons Bennett pilfered Demetriou was simply to piss Doust off?

I do.

I believe Doust's decision to not give Bennett his original five-year contract request still rankles deeply.
Lol.

Or it could have something to do with him being the best option for an assistant coach in the league, with an impressive coaching resume and results to back that up.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It's all about Doust. As if Bennett gives a FU&^ about Doust and would put any effort to plot against a man causing enough harm to his reputation without his help. Dragons are a basket case.

Dragsters

First Grade
Lol.

Or it could have something to do with him being the best option for an assistant coach in the league, with an impressive coaching resume and results to back that up.

...and furthermore the fact that the Dragons prove yet again that they are a club with administration lacking foresight.

some11

Referee
Maybe this guy is the reason your attack sucked last year, Broncos are awful in attack!

mickeylane

Bench
This
Yeah especially considering the only game he had control of we smacked the eventual premier's.

Yep he's a crap coach, send him back down here if you like.
This is going to sound crazy but I'm warming to Mcgregor coaching style and the whole structure w trainers etc.. It's seems like all the players are gratefil for the changes from last year and responding accordingly .
I say keep the harmony and dig the coach up for 2 years to add stability

The Doc

Juniors
This

This is going to sound crazy but I'm warming to Mcgregor coaching style and the whole structure w trainers etc.. It's seems like all the players are gratefil for the changes from last year and responding accordingly .
A bit too early for that mickey....
Dont get me wrong... iv gone from being fully against Mary to almost on the fence.
Last year there was alot of talk (mostly on here) that he had lost the respect of the dressing room.
Facts are, if the players wanted him gone, they wouldn't be playing like this especially with Mary on thin ice.
I dont think the players have a problem with mary as some on here may suspect.
Maybe it has to do with a change of approach over the off season, i dont know.
But its pretty obvious the team has a bond and dont have a problem with the coach.
Any extension talk should be held off till way later in season.
Lets see if Mary can keep the boys going as they are or if it all falls apart like alot on here seem to think will happen.
Like someone mentioned in another thread, i dont think too many clubs will be trying to poach mary away from us.
By the later rounds we will know better if Mary has turned things around or if we revert to the team off past years.

Dragons 09

Juniors
This

I just got a cold shiver run down my spine reading that:D

BennyV

Referee
This

feeling-vomit-gif.gif

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A bit too early for that mickey....
Dont get me wrong... iv gone from being fully against Mary to almost on the fence.
Last year there was alot of talk (mostly on here) that he had lost the respect of the dressing room.
Facts are, if the players wanted him gone, they wouldn't be playing like this especially with Mary on thin ice.
I dont think the players have a problem with mary as some on here may suspect.
Maybe it has to do with a change of approach over the off season, i dont know.
But its pretty obvious the team has a bond and dont have a problem with the coach.
Any extension talk should be held off till way later in season.
Lets see if Mary can keep the boys going as they are or if it all falls apart like alot on here seem to think will happen.
Like someone mentioned in another thread, i dont think too many clubs will be trying to poach mary away from us.
By the later rounds we will know better if Mary has turned things around or if we revert to the team off past years.

Agree. Too early to even judge on wether he has improved or not, IMO we have been fortunate in our wins so far this year. A win against an underdone or was in over-confident Panthers or both. Got a real taste for our frailties against the Eels. An escape against the Sharks and an up and down win against the somewhat disjointed Warriors.
The Eels game really highlighted what teams could do by exposing our flanks and to date that has not been corrected. The same applied to the Sharks and Warriors games that when the ball was spread we were vulnerable.
Once teams cotton on to this, that's when McGregor has to stand up as coach, adapt changed game plans, amend team lists and come up with counter measures.
As of now, we are just in 2017 but hoping 2016 doesn't expose itself again.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
No extension yet fcs. A lot of things have changed in the background since last year so who knows where the camaraderie and coaching is coming from. Mary is after a contract extension, you think he is going to piss off his potential saviours?

The Doc

Juniors
Agree. Too early to even judge on wether he has improved or not, IMO we have been fortunate in our wins so far this year. A win against an underdone or was in over-confident Panthers or both. Got a real taste for our frailties against the Eels. An escape against the Sharks and an up and down win against the somewhat disjointed Warriors.
The Eels game really highlighted what teams could do by exposing our flanks and to date that has not been corrected. The same applied to the Sharks and Warriors games that when the ball was spread we were vulnerable.
Once teams cotton on to this, that's when McGregor has to stand up as coach, adapt changed game plans, amend team lists and come up with counter measures.
As of now, we are just in 2017 but hoping 2016 doesn't expose itself again.
Fair enough.
But one thing i see different to many on here is this...
To me, We didnt get lucky against penrith, sharks, and warriors.
Yes they played shit... but... unlike many, i believe we forced them into playing shit.
One could easily say parra got lucky that we didnt turn up?
Lets be real, 6-0 down in tge first minute from packer dropping the ball.
Truth is parra played awesome and frustrated us... cant take anything away from there performance.
So in that regard, all credit to the Mighty red V on the way we played against penrith, sharks, and warriors!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Despite playing better than expectations, the following needs to be said only as. a reminder:

Penrith: distracted by the Cartwright "partner/abortion" story.

Cronulla: suffering from post premiership 'Blues' despite belting Canberra.

Warriors: for whatever reason, they remain the Dragons' bitch.

There's still a hell of a long way for things to go 'belly up', and this year can easily resemble 2015.

possm

Coach
The Dragons have improved on last year. Dugan seems to have lifted, Widdop is enjoying playing behind our big pack, De Belin is having a great season so far Vaughan is the leader our forwards have need for the past few years and McInnes is the hooker we have desperately needed.

If the problems in our backline can be resolved:
Defence out wide on both sides needs to be greatly improved.
Our halves need to greatly improve their kicking game.
Our halves need to continue to run to the line.
Our backs need to be there to take off-loads when a line break occurs.