What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Try of the Year

Snappy

Coach
After so many lackluster years playing dull footy it's just fantastic this year to have a team that can throw it around and score long range try's. We've seen some wonderful try's this year from the Broncos, but my new favourite is the Hunt try from the kick off v the wabbits.

Hunt catches the kick off, long pass to Boyd who quickly passes to Blair. Blair draws in a defender than passes short to Milf to put him through a hole. Milf runs 50 metres whilst brushing off a defender before getting tackled by Johnston, but gets the pass away to Reed who runs infield, draws the fullback and then gives a beautifully timed pass to Hunt who was screaming up the middle in support. Hunt runs 25 metres to score under the sticks.

http://www.nrl.com/rd-25-magic-moment-rabbitohs-v-broncos/tabid/10959/contentid/784993/default.aspx

For mine, this try beats the Maranta try v the Raiders, but it's always subjective. what's your favourite Broncos try from 2015 ?

Last edited:

Maroon4life

Juniors
Mine is a bit dull here but the Corey Oates try from Thursday night will stick with me for a while. Watching him carry Walker from the 30m line was f**king gold.

Watching Thursday nights game felt like i was watching the 92/93 broncos again, the long passes and long range tries was great.

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I called Oates home at the 50 metre line.
Then Walker came into shot.
Oates then bitch slapped Walker for 30 metres to score
I said to my brother and uncle "told you he was home"

Broncos have been great to watch this year, pre 10pm Friday nights have been a lot less boring.

The one off the kick off is my favourite, although the Raiders one was beast.

some11

Referee
Hunt's v Souths purely cause it was off the kickoff and the ball didn't hit the deck.

Vaisefuder

Juniors
I like Maranta's better because it was more ad-lib, went through more sets of hands, and was after the half time siren.

Kiwi

First Grade
Hard to pick between the Maranta, Hunt and Oates tries mentioned. The Maranta or Hunt one should win team try of the year and the Oates try will go close to best individual try.

AceAv

Juniors
That Melbourne storm try we scored due to its significance and how much pressure we absorbed to then produce that! I was estactic..

Bronco18

Juniors
It wasn't the freak effort of Maranta v Canberra, but McCullough's try was footballing brilliance. An inside cutout pass with great efforts from Macca and Hunt to backup...

Our spine is looking great in the long term, with plenty of improvement still left.

Latest posts