What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks and Moses how will they go from here?

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I don't really want to put the boot into him, I just had high expectations I guess.

With stats I don't put much weight in them because I have seen stats where Thurston and Cronk are well behind others yet I'd take either in a flash. Stats are stats, I can only go on what I see on the field. In saying that I see your point and agree Hasler could change Brooks over night. It is an example of a coach previously being a half that can pass on skills and knowledge....unlike our own coach who just happened to be a half and offers sweet f@ck all!!!

I'll add goal kicking to that....Moses should be getting tips from Taylor. I just wonder what goes on at Wests Tigers training.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I wouldn't b upset if we were to immediately release the liability Brooks now to go play under Hasler or for anyone else only as long as we were to use the massive money he is on to much better use.

Not only is he continually stagnating @ WT but the thing that is most disappointing is he displays no enthusiasm to do anything constructive on the field.He constantly plays the way he looks -DUMB !

Taylor an ex half who aspires to b a long term nrl coach hasn't extracted anything +ve out of the kid over 2 substandard seasons..Now either Taylor is a totally inept teacher/mentor or Brooks is the biggest myth & most overpaid impostor playing in the NRL !

I'd luv the kid in '17 to leave much egg on my face but geez that would require a gargantuan transformation in every aspect of a halves game & after 3 yrs of mediocrity there's more chance of the Balmain leagues club site being redeveloped in the next 12 months !

Shredder

Juniors
Next year really is put up or shut up for these guys. With the big 4 off contract, I suspect we will sign Woods and Teddy first as they seem the most vocal to stay.

That leaves x amount of money to split between out two halves. Will they go for the money, or agree to split it and stay.

I was speaking with my brother over Christmas. I think if we sign Moses this time, next time he will be searching for the dollars big time, which we wont be able to find..... Brookes i most likely to be a one club man out of the two of them if we keep him this round. Having said that Brookes is already over paid for his performance.

Moses just has that air of wanting more about him and I suspect will eventually leave, which will leave us in a hole in 3 or so years.

Smart long term play might just be to let Moses go and spend some time working on the lower grade halves.

Its been an age since we had two high performing halves (2005) and we are in the best spot in 11 years, but honestly, I really think this will all go to shit.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Does anyone know why Harry T isn't allowed to provide any TPAs to our players? I think it's ridiculous that Roosters, Broncos and all these other salary cap rorting clubs have endless connections with TPAs but if Harry T is involved it's seen as unfair

Shredder

Juniors
Not at all - my understanding is that each benefactor can only provide one TPA.

Other clubs have many they can spread them around - we have him, The Weatherman and the Blue Wiggle...

Vic Mackey

Referee
Does anyone know why Harry T isn't allowed to provide any TPAs to our players? I think it's ridiculous that Roosters, Broncos and all these other salary cap rorting clubs have endless connections with TPAs but if Harry T is involved it's seen as unfair

My understanding was that he stepped away from being major sponsor to be able to help with third party deals.

BrotherJim05

Bench
My understanding was that he stepped away from being major sponsor to be able to help with third party deals.

That was my understanding but apparently the NRL are not signing off on any TPAs from HT because he is "too close to the club". f**king bullshit. Rorters and Broncos do whatever they want but we can't even do anything legitimately

Vic Mackey

Referee
That was my understanding but apparently the NRL are not signing off on any TPAs from HT because he is "too close to the club". f**king bullshit. Rorters and Broncos do whatever they want but we can't even do anything legitimately

lol wouldn't surprise me. I've always been a bit suss on Harry T anyway. He is now Australia's richest man yet I don't feel like we've ever benefited from his 'support.' Even doing something as simple as kitting out a new gym for the club (I've been in concords gym, it's a disgrace), he could do that with money from his ash tray.

meltiger

First Grade
Now as for his defence, he can tackle, but his decision making was poor and he was not getting a lot help from the guys who are paid to help the little guys in defensive structure.

This has changed though hasn't it? There is new defensive coaches in there this pre season?