What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BROOKS OR MOSES . . . . and why ?

Tigerted

Juniors
Marina go epitomises all that is wrong with this rabble of a club.Go & the rest of the board r totally unfit to be holding such significant decision making roles of a professional sports entity.

For these myopic idiots to have perceived Taylor to have been the best candidate for the coaching role demonstrates how rugby league illiterate these idiots are & what appalling judges of character they r.

Taylor is a poor mentor, weak minded & very insecure.Taylors tenure as coach @ WT is untenable !

BrotherJim05

Bench
Well everyone wanted Nathan Brown as the coach...look how he is going at Newcastle

Is Taylor really to blame here? Taylor isn't the one taking soft hitups, missing tackles or dropping the ball.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nathan Brown has a side that doesn't take up all of the salary cap. He's brought in a huge number of local juniors.

Find me a coach anywhere that would have success with Newcastle this year with the roster they have.

Fact is, Taylor by comparison is worse.

How do you think Taylor would be travelling with Newcastle this year and conversely, how would Brown be travelling if he was our coach.

Fordy20

Juniors
Well everyone wanted Nathan Brown as the coach...look how he is going at Newcastle

Is Taylor really to blame here? Taylor isn't the one taking soft hitups, missing tackles or dropping the ball.

Taylor is the one picking players taking soft hitups, missing tackles and dropping balls. He's also the one teaching defensive structures that causes players to miss tackles. He's the one teaching offensive structures which encourage soft hitups and flat passes that end up with dropped balls.

Would have been better off sticking with Potter or getting Brown than getting Taylor.

ed612313

Juniors
Sell brooks, Keep Moses, and bring in Pearce.....Pearce and Moses would work.
Keep Farah for another year (unless someone wants to pay for him) and blood Cherrington - Thats if Cherrington hasn't already been poached away from us. Big ask for Cherrington but i think with another season of a few 1st grade games hell be close to ready...

ed612313

Juniors
And how do we afford Pearce? Back end his contract a little... When Farah goes it will free up a bit. Farah's rumoured salary a few years back was $900k. If true thats 13% of the Tigers salary cap in 2017. Pretty sure Pearce is on less atm... Circa 800k. Offer Pearce Farahs salary and hell come. Pearce will be great for Moses. Hell come back a much more experienced player after the last 6 months. A player I've thought would look good in Tigers colours the last 2 years is Tohu Harris.
Ps - I really rate Brooks... I like hime more than Moses. But it isn't working.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I don't think Pearce will compliment Brooks or Moses. We need a composed player with solid kicking game. If we could get someone like A Reynolds that would be PERFECT

Tiger05

First Grade
I think we keep them both and see how they improve or if they improve. The problem is at the moment they both aren't halves that control a game. Moses appears to be better than Brooks at it but I don't think he is good at it either. They both don't read the game very well and appear to be players that will come up with individual brilliance but they are nowhere near Marshall level when it comes to that.

Tigerted

Juniors
The inept & under - delivering duo aren't going anywhere in '17.

Both of them r obviously massively inferior to Benji @ his best.When he was fully fit & w/out shoulder issues he was phenomenal.Neither of the over-rated overpaid duo will ever go close to emulating what Benji did for us in '05.

The club has liaised with benji's new manager about a 1 yr contract as a contingency in case either of the deluded halves gets that illusionary 800k from elsewhere.

The last game Benji played for saints against the raiders he was very good but it would be regressive & a moronic decision by us to bring him back.He showed WT no respect in his last few yrs when he was over -weight, unfit, lazy & a destructive influence @ the club.

More than anything we need a sharp-witted & ruthless coach.We can't continue with this moronic gump currently @ the helm.

Tiger05

First Grade
The coach should go and we should get someone in who has an idea. I think we have enough talent at the club to build a good team.

Our halves though are a massive concern.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sell brooks, Keep Moses, and bring in Pearce.....Pearce and Moses would work.
Keep Farah for another year (unless someone wants to pay for him) and blood Cherrington - Thats if Cherrington hasn't already been poached away from us. Big ask for Cherrington but i think with another season of a few 1st grade games hell be close to ready...
No way would Pearce and Moses work.

Moses would work outside someone like Cronk, Robson or Hodkinson.

Brooks plays more structured and could work with anyone.

Pearce won't come here though.

Need an experienced head around these kids. Pearce is still a kid doing dumb kid shit. Need an older head who at the very least, still has a great kicking game.

lafai

Bench
I've seen the Pearce to tigers rumours for a few years now. My question is why the f*ck would you want him?

BrotherJim05

Bench
No way would Pearce and Moses work.

Moses would work outside someone like Cronk, Robson or Hodkinson.

Brooks plays more structured and could work with anyone.

Pearce won't come here though.

Need an experienced head around these kids. Pearce is still a kid doing dumb kid shit. Need an older head who at the very least, still has a great kicking game.

This is why I think we should chase Peter Wallace. It has been reported that he doesn't get along with Griffin for a while so I would bet my money he wants out and they would be willing to part with him (maybe even kick in some of the salary). They have TMM which they will want to lock into the starting halves and the ideal scenario would be him partnered with Soward. Wallace is not a world beater but he has a wealth of experience and a level head which would perfectly compliment the erratic football of Brooks or Moses.

It would be amazing to get someone like Cronk, Soward etc but I just don't see it happening.

rex2ce

Juniors
This is why I think we should chase Peter Wallace. It has been reported that he doesn't get along with Griffin for a while so I would bet my money he wants out and they would be willing to part with him (maybe even kick in some of the salary). They have TMM which they will want to lock into the starting halves and the ideal scenario would be him partnered with Soward. Wallace is not a world beater but he has a wealth of experience and a level head which would perfectly compliment the erratic football of Brooks or Moses.

It would be amazing to get someone like Cronk, Soward etc but I just don't see it happening.

Wallace would be a great buy!

Tiger05

First Grade
I think we are better off keeping Brooks and Moses and making a call on them next season. They both have a lot of upside.

Tigerted

Juniors
Unfortunately the balls not in our court re whether we want these 2 impostors for next season.The 2 bums hold all the cards for '17 & we r damn stuck with them.

If WT had any influence on the future of the pathetic duo u'd hope to think they would only offer 1 of them a contract not worth more than 200k/season.Only time will tell if this moronic club has learnt anything from the numerous catastrophic errors of the past pertaining to massive over-payments for mediocrity.