What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BROOKS OR MOSES . . . . and why ?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I know that the contract extension for 2017 is in their favour but I'd strongly support WT if they made the decision to withdraw the offer an see the players in court if they want. Neither player is displaying $600k plus form, are woefully inconsistent and to be blunt neither deserve it.

Let the club stand on principle for once and not continue to kowtow to players, their managers etc. I know they have the contract in the players favour but this whole business strikes me as so one sided its beyond a joke. I'm sick of them.

ek999

First Grade
I know that the contract extension for 2017 is in their favour but I'd strongly support WT if they made the decision to withdraw the offer an see the players in court if they want. Neither player is displaying $600k plus form, are woefully inconsistent and to be blunt neither deserve it.

Let the club stand on principle for once and not continue to kowtow to players, their managers etc. I know they have the contract in the players favour but this whole business strikes me as so one sided its beyond a joke. I'm sick of them.

Lol. What exactly would you take them to court over? It would be thrown out in 5 minutes with the Tigers having to pay all costs

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watching a piece on Fox Sports, about Brooks & Moses. They have until next Friday to sign otherwise they will become free agents.

Apparently Brooks has been offered a 4 yr deal while Moses has been offered 3 yrs, both contracts are believed to be worth about $3m combined. The club has said that these two are our future???

However the reporter said he thought the smart money was on signing a one yr exrension each so they can see what the club is doing.

Obviously someone is seeing something I am not seeing.

Tigerted

Juniors
These 2 pathetic frauds r not going anywhere.The supposed 3 & 4 yr contract offers fall very short of what these deluded idiots believe they r worth.They r guaranteed almost half the amt of those offers by simply remaining with this rabble of a club for just 1 more yr.

Neither one of the useless duo is worth > 200k/yr !

Tiger05

First Grade
My impression is that they've been offered a more than fair amount to stay at the club and work on their games in first grade. The problem is that they will probably be taking a massive pay cut.

It's an interesting situation. I think both of them may turn into gun players but they both may be duds. At the moment they are pretty ordinary.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I reckon Brooks will accept. I assume he'll be offered marginally more. I reckon Brooks would have been offered 450k a season = 1.8 over 4 years

Moses 400k a season over 3 years. The fact the club has offered Brooks a longer term shows that the club wants him more. I agree with that.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Does anybody actually know what's happening with JAC next season, has he signed with Melbourne or do WT's have an option on his contract for 2017 ???

wittyfan

Referee
These 2 pathetic frauds r not going anywhere.The supposed 3 & 4 yr contract offers fall very short of what these deluded idiots believe they r worth.They r guaranteed almost half the amt of those offers by simply remaining with this rabble of a club for just 1 more yr.

Neither one of the useless duo is worth > 200k/yr !

They're worth what they're asking for.

Does our club ever learn ? paying overs for two trainees at 400+ a season is a gamble...look at that useless Siro for an example.

Clifferd

Coach
They're worth what they're asking for.

Tigerted is right. So far Brooks & Moses have gotten a free ride and don't deserve anywhere near that figure that has been circling around. Offer them 200k each no more no less that'll wipe their stupid grin off their face

ed612313

Juniors
People need to realise the payment structure is changing significantly.....
$400k is sweet FA.... Might have been great pay 3 or 4 years ago but today its average and in 2 years time it will be plodder money.
Next year the salary cap is 7.1 Million. That $400k salary for the Tigers playmaker will be 5.5% of the Tigers Salary cap...
In 2018 the new TV deal money kicks in and salary cap estimates are anywhere from 9 - 12 million. Lets go below average and say its $10 million. That $400k salary is now only 4% of the Tigers cap.
And this is for the guy that steers our team around the park.....
If i was in either of the guys position id be asking for a 4 year contract thats structured to increase significantly over the next 4 years where come year 3 and 4 id be getting paid up around 800/900k.... And thats just for a decent 1st grade half. Double that for a good International/Origin half....

Tiger05

First Grade
These guys are so far away from being good international or origin halves. They aren't even good first graders at this point.

I hope we keep them because I think they have a lot of potential and if they improve their defence they can probably do the job now if we have a massive amount of support around them. I don't want to overpay these two though.

ed612313

Juniors
I agree they are nowhere near International/Origin halves and thats why they arnt asking for a future salary of 1 mill plus come year 3 or 4 of there contract.
But they are 1st grade halves....

Tiger05

First Grade
I agree that they are first grade players but they have flaws. You saw tonight all the poor kicks that Moses especially put in.

Brooks really turned it on at the end of that half though. I like Brooks as well. He seems like a good guy to me.

Tiger05

First Grade
Moses isnt 1st grade.

I think he definitely can be but Brooks was a lot better than him last night. How many poor kicks did Moses put up. He did run it more than he has been and he wasn't terrible. Our halves were better than Milford and Hunt who are great players.

Moses though wasn't good.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Brooks was awesome last night. Would have that try assist for Simona as well if he could catch.

Come on Tigerted. Every one of your posts relates to how sh!t Brooks is. Works both ways mate.

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks was awesome last night. Would have that try assist for Simona as well if he could catch.

Come on Tigerted. Every one of your posts relates to how sh!t Brooks is. Works both ways mate.

He was really really good wasn't he. He is also pretty likable. I hope we keep him now.