What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks to hooker?

I'd say too much investment has gone into Brooks as a 7 so no, plus they have Liddle and McIllwrick with the aim of getting 80 minutes out of Liddle eventually.

As a defender, I'd also say that Brooks is certainly not as good as Liddle, McIllwrick and Godinet.

I believe they will persevere with Brooks at 7 and ease Reynolds back in from the bench in front of Mcillwrick.

Conspiracy theorists might say that Brooks to 9 is just opening the way for him to ask for a release and sign the son of IC.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'd say too much investment has gone into Brooks as a 7 so no, plus they have Liddle and McIllwrick with the aim of getting 80 minutes out of Liddle eventually.

As a defender, I'd also say that Brooks is certainly not as good as Liddle, McIllwrick and Godinet.

I believe they will persevere with Brooks at 7 and ease Reynolds back in from the bench in front of Mcillwrick.

Conspiracy theorists might say that Brooks to 9 is just opening the way for him to ask for a release and sign the son of IC.
I think the idea was mooted to be able to fit the 3 into the team?

Das Hassler

Bench
Everyone keeps going on about only 10 points in each game...well the chooks and melbourne could only find 8!....so what was wrong with THEIR attack ....no matter how many times they hear that this is going to take a bit of time for combinations to gell and no matter how much they wisely nod in undetstanding agreement the urge to look for terminal problems this early on is just too hard to resist. ...no less for the commentators

Clifferd

Coach
I’m not a fan but ideally we need a solution to fit all 3 of Reynolds Brooks and Marshall on the field. Ivan will know what to do

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
I see Liddle as our long term 80 minutes no9 and Benji as our 14. Benji has been great, but I see him as our Mr fix it off the bench. I also think it will help his longevity

Tiger Ted

Bench
Everyone keeps going on about only 10 points in each game...well the chooks and melbourne could only find 8!....so what was wrong with THEIR attack ....no matter how many times they hear that this is going to take a bit of time for combinations to gell and no matter how much they wisely nod in undetstanding agreement the urge to look for terminal problems this early on is just too hard to resist. ...no less for the commentators
I’m sick of dickhead commentators not giving us the recognition we deserve.The fact is our forwards monstered the bondi effluent & cheating storm forwards.Lukewise our backs stood up to & held there own against 2 star studded backlines.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I see Liddle as our long term 80 minutes no9 and Benji as our 14. Benji has been great, but I see him as our Mr fix it off the bench. I also think it will help his longevity
Benji is the 1st player picked in our spine after the superb game management in the opening 2 rounds.Without Benji we may well b winless.Reynolds & Brooks r not game managers.Personally I believe our best halves combo is Benji & Reynolds.

rupertpupkin

Juniors
Benji is the 1st player picked in our spine after the superb game management in the opening 2 rounds.Without Benji we may well b winless.Reynolds & Brooks r not game managers.Personally I believe our best halves combo is Benji & Reynolds.

Yep. Marshall has been absolutely massive. Brooks has done well. I think if you wanna squeeze all 3 in the spine, the best option is Reynolds to hooker. He's more versatile than Brooks and would handle it fine, I think, allowing him to do what he does best, with the least amount of disruption.

Tiger05

First Grade
I can't see how you can move Brooks. He has played well. Reynolds was ordinary in the trials. At this point I figure let's see what Cleary does. Benji was meant to be the 3rd choice half but he is clearly our best half at this point.

simmo05

Bench
Benji has been sensational, but brooks and reynolds are the haves, liddle the hooker and benji the bench. I would make reynolds fight his way back, but 5/8 is his long term. Benji is geeting on a bit now, i wouldnt want him to play big minutes constantly.

Ivan has the team putting in and really playing for each other. No idea why you'd want that piece of shit in the side tipping people and whatnot.

Vozzy

Juniors
Even if Godinet hasn't been the greatest in attack his defence has been solid. I say put Reynolds at 14 for his first 2-3 games back if he plays well can swapwith Benji. Nothing will be wrong with Benji having breaks he is not young so it's good to have both Reynolds and Benji as depth in the same position.

Everyone is overreacting let's just wait and see what happens.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The reason our attack has been average is cause we trained all off season playing a certain way with grub and brooks in the halves. When he’s back I’d start Reynolds on the bench but the view would be to have him in the 6 by round 8 with Benji back on the bench and Liddle starting

BrotherJim05

Bench
What happens to Brooks and Reynolds must come 2nd to Benji cementing his spot in the halves. I'm not confident we could have won those games without him. He is a totally different player than what we rememer and to be honest he is our best game manager

FMD I'd have Reynolds coming off the bench as an impact hooker/halves. Reynolds would probably love this role as he can just play what he sees. Plus if he is successful he could could easily push out Bird for a spot on NSW bench

Latest posts