What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brown quits

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I doubt Gus cares enough about the WC for that to be relevant

im still guessing MBrown chose to quit after the Panthers leaked the voicemail to the press...

I reckon the ARLC while have been giving the Panthers grief for running their guy out of town and Payne was Gus's scapegoat.

adamkungl

Immortal
Latest story I read said Payne interfered with the actual running of the teams, among other things that made him unpopular pretty quickly despite Gus backing him.
Gus wanted to keep him, board said no.

PaulyTom

Juniors
im still guessing MBrown chose to quit after the Panthers leaked the voicemail to the press...

I reckon the ARLC while have been giving the Panthers grief for running their guy out of town and Payne was Gus's scapegoat.
Brown to take over as the ceo at the panthers. Wouldn't that put a cat amungst the pigeons .

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
He should stick to abusive phonecalls instead of silly articles, that's how mature CEOs deal with minor criticisms.

Wonder if Brown used the phrase "Eat a dick merkin" when he called up Payne

Yes.

If Payne was genuinely upset about the phonecall he should have gone to the ARLC and they would have produced a response.

Instead they threw a tantrum and went whinging to the media. They damaged the competition and damaged this guys reputation.

Payne getting shafted it the minimum response for me, i hope the Panthers cop more shit for this (In private, of course. We would hate to damage the Panthers reputation...)

deal.with.it

Juniors
Whether you like the draw or not, payne and the panthers deserve to be punished. f**king idiot for releasing that bullshit public email.
The panthers are a license holder of the nrl. The nrl is organising the wc. It's just f**king stupidity on payne and the panthers behalf.
The draw release was the best of any rl wc to date. The video, live events, interviews etc. was brilliant.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Not surprised about Payne given his amateur hysterics over the World Cup scheduling. Penrith will be better off now.

Latest posts