What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Cartwright gone

franklin2323

Immortal
The effect is irrelevant since we're discussing clubs getting rid of players for misconduct. We booted Moylan and the Sharks are stockpiling good players regardless (trying to in Barba's case). You could say we have the moral high ground but they can clearly work with these guys on a man management level and we can't.

Do you think we put a transfer fee on a player after putting them in rehab that we want to release?

Maloney on the table no doubt changed things. Sharks approached us after his manager said he was staying.

To say it was all one way is just crazy

OldPanther

Coach
Do you think we put a transfer fee on a player after putting them in rehab that we want to release?

Maloney on the table no doubt changed things. Sharks approached us after his manager said he was staying.

I'm talking from the perspective of the people here complaining about other commenters because they believe Moylan did it himself with his off field dramas and everyone at the club wanted him gone.

I mentioned Moylan's transfer fee earlier in defence of the club wanting to keep him.

BxTom

Bench
The effect is irrelevant since we're discussing clubs getting rid of players for misconduct. We booted Moylan and the Sharks are stockpiling good players regardless (trying to in Barba's case). You could say we have the moral high ground but they can clearly work with these guys on a man management level and we can't.

He clearly doesn't care.
Barba was at Cronulla when he got done for drugs and you call that good man management?

CRONULLA has axed Ben Barba from the final year of his contract after testing positive to cocaine four days after the Sharks maiden NRL final win.
The star fullback has departed for a rehabilitation centre in Thailand following a second positive test for an illicit substance amid the club’s historic grand final celebrations.

Barba, off-contract at the end of 2017, has been released by the Sharks in order to “address some significant personal issues.”

The NRL has also issued Barba an automatic 12-match ban from the NRL for a second breach of the its illicit substance policy, with the suspension to be served should he return to the game in the future.

The previous breach is understood to have occurred outside of the NRL competition within the last 12 months.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/53b9d86b16392d9cc05b4e5502bda262

Tom.

betcats

Referee
Barba was at Cronulla when he got done for drugs and you call that good man management?

CRONULLA has axed Ben Barba from the final year of his contract after testing positive to cocaine four days after the Sharks maiden NRL final win.
The star fullback has departed for a rehabilitation centre in Thailand following a second positive test for an illicit substance amid the club’s historic grand final celebrations.

Barba, off-contract at the end of 2017, has been released by the Sharks in order to “address some significant personal issues.”

The NRL has also issued Barba an automatic 12-match ban from the NRL for a second breach of the its illicit substance policy, with the suspension to be served should he return to the game in the future.

The previous breach is understood to have occurred outside of the NRL competition within the last 12 months.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/53b9d86b16392d9cc05b4e5502bda262

Tom.

They signed him to another deal almost straight away and were trying to get it registered right up until last season started basically.

betcats

Referee
So what's the difference in effect?

Tom.

In effect nothing obviously. Their intentions were to keep him they didn’t choose to loose him. You hold onto talent unless it really has gotten to an unworkable point. If Moylan got to that point with Griffin I’d argue griffin has form in that area, What other coaches has Moylan blown up with?

There will be new blow ups and new players wanting out after this season I’m sure of that.

OldPanther

Coach

Tom.

It means they can work successfully with these kinds of players so I'd say yes.

mxlegend99

Referee

No. Saying 10 players were threatening the club if he played again is just crazy.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Not really. I do get sick of being singled out for abuse by the likes of you. But hey don't let that stop you on your sweary negative posts.

You are welcome to go through my post history and find where I have sworn at any other poster. And I think you'll find you are pretty low down the list of posters I have responded to in disagreement.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
In my opinion, it simply does not matter how or why Moylan came to leave the club - he's gone now, and we have a decent replacement for him. If he was at fault or the club was or the coach was, it was obvious the parties were never going to sort it out, so here we are. It's time for Griffin to show he is a good technical coach.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not really. I do get sick of being singled out for abuse by the likes of you. But hey don't let that stop you on your sweary negative posts.
I dont understand this. If somone bothers you that much put them on your ignore list.

You can block any members that you have issue with and this section could be your own Panthers eutopia .