What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bucket Lists

Misanthrope

Staff member
:lol:

Mission accomplished! Although they didn't pay me a cent, haha. I'm not famous enough that my word is enough to generate buzz. It's usually travel insurers and dodgy travel sites that need me :lol:

perverse

Referee
Jesus... I'm blown away by the interesting lives you guys want to lead. Go for it!

Mine is restricted to two that I can immediately think of -

1. See one of the auroras in person
2. Live to see us discover life elsewhere (largely out of my control, really... as I'm not an astronomer or work in a profession that is in any way related to astrophysics.)

I don't really have much of a passion outside of those 2 that I can immediately think of. It's not really a topic I've granted too much thought. But those are 2 things that I definitely, 100% know I want to see.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've always been obsessed with having as much crammed into life as possible. Keeps me busy.

Seeing the auroras is on my list though.

perverse

Referee
I've always been obsessed with having as much crammed into life as possible. Keeps me busy.

Seeing the auroras is on my list though.
Haha, no no dude, I'm pretty sure I'm the broken one, not you. Maximizing your life seems perfectly rational to me, provided that it makes you happy.

Dragon2010

First Grade
^That. When I go on holidays and everyone is relaxing by the pool I say f*ck you I'm not here to be lazy. If I wanted to do that I'd have stayed by the pool at home or laze on the couch. I want to see things, go places.

Misanthrope

Staff member
^That. When I go on holidays and everyone is relaxing by the pool I say f*ck you I'm not here to be lazy. If I wanted to do that I'd have stayed by the pool at home or laze on the couch. I want to see things, go places.

I'm equal portions of both of the above. I want to see and do and soak in as much as possible, but I also love the decadent sloth that is lounging on a sun-drenched beach sipping cocktails and reading a good book.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Can't say I've ever made a list, but I very much enjoyed reading yours.

Attending the Ashes in the UK will be ticked off my imaginary list this year .. Was meant to happen in 2001, but better late than never!

Dragon2010

First Grade
I must say. One of best on my bucket list (Which I have achieved) would be:

Ski the Thredbo Supertrail. While not a hard ski. It's bloody long and Australian snow/powder is average compared to other places in the world. Alas, I proved that point when I injured myself last-year.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Attending the Ashes in the UK will be ticked off my imaginary list this year .. Was meant to happen in 2001, but better late than never!

That really should be on mine. Due an update, I'd say.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
i made one after my heart decided to suddenly stop working. Managed to knock a few off last year. Few still there are

Attend an EPL game
Skydive
Cage dive with a Great White
Visit all the aussie capitals
Melbourne Cup
the 7 wonders (done 3 already)

many others

Misanthrope

Staff member
A damn good reason to start a bucket list, I'd say. I just started mine because I was chained to a desk working for iiNet last year :lol:

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Thinking about this more I've ticked off a couple in 2012 that would have been on my list .. Got on bended knee to propose to my girlfriend (with a positive response of course) and scored my first hundred.

Especially in the case of the proposal, it's one of those things 'you just gotta do' in life. Probably common to many a bucket list.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm in the process of expanding my site's bucket list from 323 to an even 1000.

Suggestions? :sarcasm: