What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus

The NSW spin doctors will be burning the midnight oil in order to turn this into a PR positive.

Expect headlines like:

"Origin selection debutantes inject new vigour into NSW attack"

"Injuries to key players opens doors for new blood."

Sticky's mind games will have to trumpet the 'NSW will be stronger for this' slant on proceedings. :roll:

Vic Mackey

Referee
De gois is the man for me

However I can see Ricky doing something truley reatrded like picking bird, Wallace or josh mccrone there

T.T

Juniors
just give bedsy 4 more weeks to rest on the sideline so he's right for origin :roll:
quYP7Zqe9Wo7faJfwrEMfMZTkEmMTuVZvXLpCX5CZAEDVxB24tfa6Czh2aJmFMhdm031B3GLeNye2+EnbQBbKXHAFmQveQ2bhdRcsoPZnCTiBJ4P6tAnMZ4aW0feyL9wvegBoMaMzMtPl6gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Dragon2010

First Grade
Point is Bedsy showed today he can be a strong player but the second he played strong he showed his age as well. He's not a young player. He's aging. He won't be able to handle Origin if his achilles is giving him problems and he's not worth the risk to loose a player.

Kid

Juniors
Can't possibly pick Buderus now - regardless of whether he gets back on the park. Too fragile - cant possibly handle the Origin arena.
Can't possibly pick Farah either, one of the "assistants" in camp has already made it clear his game isn't suited to Origin :roll:

How unprofessional to publicly speak about possible candidates in that way.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Can't possibly pick Farah either, one of the "assistants" in camp has already made it clear his game isn't suited to Origin :roll:

The moron roach is a blood nuffy. Too many hits to the head. The guy should be blasted for making a comment like that.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Blessing in disguise? They're saying Bedsy 4-5 weeks on Twitter. Jennings is okay apparently. Gids gone for season.

Bedsy has had some tendinitis in his achilles for awhile and twinged it last night. He motioned to the side line but played on for a further 5 min before coming off. Doesnt seem like a major injury to me.

I cant possible see how they would know its a 4-5 weeker on "twitter" when he hasnt even had any scans yet.

If he is ruled out Id like to see De Gois get a run. He has been superb for the Sharks and is better than Farah

It's not like Stuart hasn't chosen players who aren't suited to Origin, before now.

The Sheens vs Stuart thing will doom Robbie. Too bad. QLD needs Farah. :D

Expect Ennis to get another run.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Bedsy has had some tendinitis in his achilles for awhile and twinged it last night. He motioned to the side line but played on for a further 5 min before coming off. Doesnt seem like a major injury to me.

I cant possible see how they would know its a 4-5 weeker on "twitter" when he hasnt even had any scans yet.

If he is ruled out Id like to see De Gois get a run. He has been superb for the Sharks and is better than Farah

Blessing in disguise re. Gidley. Bedsy I'm very mixed on. He's a great player no doubt and he played a great 1st half against the panthers. He brings one set of skills but a part of me says go for the younger hooker.

Re twitter. It's all those spots journos accounts that are in the know saying "Word from the sheds is xxx weeks". Yet some said he's pulled up fine and he's missing no games. It's hard who to believe I was just stating what I read!

DeGois is also a very good choice and builds a nice combo with Carney/Gallen

Playing Buderus is fine as long as you have a creative, dynamic hooker coming off the bench to replace Buderus for the middle 40. Buderus will keep it tight and his defence won't let anybody down. Although he's severely limited in attack, particularly at origin level, and has no kicking game, his service to his outside men is always reliable. One benefit is that he'll never play overplay his hand and undermine the halves.

Big Pete

Referee
How so? He's only missed 13 tackles all year

I think a more realistic criticism you can make of him is he isnt currently putting in any 80min games

What happened to you being the stats. sceptic? ;-)

De Gois tends to shirk his defensive responsibility which is reflected in his comparably low average tackles figure. With enough attention, he'd be exposed ala Ennis but on a larger scale.

I haven't forgotten years of terrible defensive work at the Knights either.

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol Ive never been a "stats sceptic", just questioned those who seem to use them as a be all and end all when judging player performances.

Like I said, Isaacs workload can be questioned but I think he is a sound defender

hutch

First Grade

De gois goes good and would be well suited to origin. He is not better than farah though!

Latest posts