What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus

juro

Bench
Mate I doubt there would be one Bulldogs fan on here who believes Ennis should play Origin this year.

Yet the idiots will still pick him because he's an "Origin player".
How can he be regarded as an "Origin player" if he can't even play 80 minutes of club football??

Hooch

Juniors
Even Stick said he was playing injured and it was affecting his form.

But he won't pick Farah because he's butted heads with Sheens.

Champion grudge holder, old Stick.

Can't wait until game 3 and we've got about 12 backrowers in the squad again.

The Gambler

Juniors
I heard on the radio this morning that Ennis is likely to be picked at hooker if Buderus doesn't make the cut.

He has been ordinary this year. I reckon Hasler must be tempted to throw Romelo into the starting spot.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Hopefully Ennis injures himself so he's a no chance. If that nuffy makes the squad its beyond a joke.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Matty Johns: Danny Buderus Pulling Out Of Origin & Mark Geyer's Origin Replacements

A rumour has surfaced in rugby league circles that Newcastle hooker Danny Buderus has been so offended by the criticism he faced after pulling out of City vs. Country that he is considering taking himself out of contention for State of Origin this year.

“Speaking to some people around Newcastle who are in the know (and they know Danny well) they were suggesting that he was, and may still be, considering pulling out of Origin anyway – not even going through the process of being available for selection, because he has genuinely been hurt [had his feelings hurt],” Triple M's Dan Ginnane said on Triple M's new nightly sports show, The Rush Hour, last night.

Triple M's own Newcastle Knights legend Matty Johns agrees. "[Dan's] source would have been Joey [Johns]... because he does Monday Night Football with Dan, and he's close to Danny. I know for a fact, Danny, Andrew and Ricky Stuart had breakfast together on the Tuesday morning," Matty added.

"From what I hear, Danny was really stung by the criticism, the public outcry about him pulling out of City vs. Country Origin game, and was considering withdrawing from* Origin," Matty explained. "Ricky Stuart has talked him around, and from what I believe, he will play this weekend. He still remains favourite for State Of Origin New South Wales."

"I think that's where we lack a bit of what Queensland has got. Queensland would have said, [if they did play City and Country, which they don't], Danny Buderus is going to be our hooker. He's out. He's not playing City and Country. We know what he can do, don't make a big covert operation out of it, just say that, end of story," Mark "MG" Geyer fired back.

With Kurt Gidley out for the season, Mark "MG" Geyer has some suggestions for his replacement. "I'm going to go with someone from left field - a young bloke, who's got a bit of grunt in him (as long as he's a New South Welshman). Josh Reynolds from the Bulldogs. He can play #6, #7, #14, he can play hooker. I would have someone with some mongrel in him, and I love the way he's a skilful player."

Source: http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/nrl/news/blog/matty-johns-danny-buderus-pulling-out-of-origin--mark-geyers-origin-replacements/20120502-g7mn.html

Bretto

Bench
Poor Bedsy. Might need a bit of Tylenol and a lie down by the sounds of things.

One thing is for sure, Ricky Stuart is gunning real hard to get Danny Buderis to play for NSW, which as a QLD supporter, warms my heart with that winning feeling.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Pfft I doubt this worried Bedsy as much as this article is making out. Not one direct quote from the man at all and only from "sources" (Joey was Mattys guess)

Bretto

Bench
Sooo... Buderus out with an injury... replaced by Ennis who is perpetually injured... Hmmm...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
That sucks

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/newsdisplay/Buderus-out-for-34-weeks/54375

While I may not have been the biggest fan of Buderus being picked I could see the logic behind it, especially if Farah took the bench spot.

It became clear this week that Farah will never be in the Blues plans

Buderus starting with Farah on the bench would have been logical, but logic has never been in the NSW dictionary.

Now with Buderus and Gidley both injured, Sticky can't pick Farah because that dickhead Roach came out and said he wasn't an Origin player.

So Ennis the "Origin player" it is!

Pfft I doubt this worried Bedsy as much as this article is making out. Not one direct quote from the man at all and only from "sources" (Joey was Mattys guess)

Joey and Matty are part of the Ricky Stuart Origin Mind Game 3rd hourly press release troup.

Credit this one to Sticky.

If as the article says Buderus and Sticky had lunch together yesterday, there would be no requirement for this article. Sticky would have gotten any information that he needed from the horse's mouth.

This is Sticky's way of softening the fans up for Ennis' selection.

Matty and Joey are integral parts of the Ricky Stuart Origin Mind Game troup. This is just another 3rd hourly press release.

Out for 3-4 weeks.........

Ricky really wants him there. This could be softening us up for Ennis or another Sticky switcheroo.

Either way an injured Buderus or Ennis, QLD won't be fazed. They'll deal with whomever it is that Sticky throws at them. Bring it on Stick. :D

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Ricky's dug himself a hole with this one. After what he's said in the paper he wouldnt pick Farah out of pride, even if he thought he was genuinely the best option. FMD.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
9. Hinchcliffe
14. Farah

Hinchcliffe is a competitor and won't shy away from the physicality of Origin, so he should start. Farah is more creative and threatening in attack, therefore bring him on when QLD start to tire.

Latest posts