What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs furious over Daily Telegraph front page

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and their fans have been left outraged over a Daily Telegraph front page linking the club with the recent terror threat in Sydney.

The Daily Telegraph’s front page on Tuesday led with the headline “Bulldog and a ‘BOMB'”.

The beginning of the article then leads off with by stating the suspect is a Bulldogs fan.

The club has released a short statement saying there were disappointed with the Daily Telegraph and would be investigating the matter further.

Follow
NRL Bulldogs

:heavy_check_mark:@NRL_Bulldogs

STATEMENT | We are extremely disappointed at the article in the Daily Telegraph this morning & are currently investigating the matter today

Fans of both the Bulldogs and the NRL were quick to show their distaste of the front page.

Social media has been awash with calls for the club to legal action against the news outlet, while also expressing their outrage at the tenuous link.

Honestly i can't believe a news outlet would release something like this. Talk about having no content...

southsport

First Grade
The media have been doing similar things to Souths for years and there was no outcry then so why is there an outcry this time???

CAFPOW

Juniors
Maybe we've gotten used to the Media attacking us for years that we have become immune to the media's attack. Besides, how can the media blame the entire Bulldogs club for the sins of a few?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Maybe we've gotten used to the Media attacking us for years that we have become immune to the media's attack. Besides, how can the media blame the entire Bulldogs club for the sins of a few?

Souths have always been an easy target for the media. I reckon we just don't care anymore and thus why we refuse to give them an inch.

Pommy

Coach
The media have been doing similar things to Souths for years and there was no outcry then so why is there an outcry this time???

You can't be serious. I'm sure the media have said some shit things about Souths but you would have to have rocks in your head to not see why bulldogs and their fans would be upset about this.
Look at the demographic of much of their fan base, it's a low blow even for Murdoch.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Just wondering, is Weidler part of the Telecrap?

Nah Weidler is part of the Herald team.

Buzz rothfield is responsible for most of the shit that comes out of the telegraph. Such a biased reporter it's not even funny. I guess that's what happens when you're a supporter writing for a newspaper.

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
You can't be serious. I'm sure the media have said some shit things about Souths but you would have to have rocks in your head to not see why bulldogs and their fans would be upset about this.
Look at the demographic of much of their fan base, it's a low blow even for Murdoch.

I'm serious alright, pictures of Chopper Read and drug smugglers wearing Souths gear, no one picked up the baton on South's behalf.

Pommy

Coach
I'm serious alright, pictures of Chopper Read and drug smugglers wearing Souths gear, no one picked up the baton on South's behalf.

You don't think this is a bit more serious considering the guys actions and the make up of doggies fan base?
I would be interested to see a copy of the chopper article if there is one online.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Have not read or even touched any News Limited publication since 1999,if the Dogs have a problem with this I suggest they take the scum for what ever they can get from them.
And while they're at it take Slothfield to a Friday morning prayer session at the Lakemba mosque.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I'm picking up the baton because dogs are my 2nd team haha. But you are right. I can't remember the last time I saw something positive about Souths. It's always "Internal drama at Souths", "Madge is abusing player welfare", "Russell Crowe had sex with one of the players mum".

southsport

First Grade
You don't think this is a bit more serious considering the guys actions and the make up of doggies fan base?
I would be interested to see a copy of the chopper article if there is one online.

Political correctness, if the guy had a jersey from any other club nothing would be said.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Considering the overwhelming talk of terrorism all over the world throughout the media it is definitely more serious. The media's goal is to get hits and they will destroy anything/anyone they can get their hands on if it means more $$$.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Hmm, maybe you're right, but you know what I'm getting at.

I totally do mate. I think the media definitely has it out for certain clubs because they're easy targets. What good is it to target a club like the Gold Coast? Nobody really cares whether they succeed or fail. In regards to South Sydney though there's a lot of people that like seeing them fail.

Pommy

Coach
Political correctness, if the guy had a jersey from any other club nothing would be said.

Do any other clubs have a huge Muslim fan base? If not it wouldn't be relevant.

I totally do mate. I think the media definitely has it out for certain clubs because they're easy targets. What good is it to target a club like the Gold Coast? Nobody really cares whether they succeed or fail. In regards to South Sydney though there's a lot of people that like seeing them fail.

Perks of being a big club, you can guarantee if Man united players do something wrong it's a much bigger deal than if west brom do. The media are out to make money.

Latest posts