What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C/H Series : Game 2

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hodge wouldn't be a bad option to open for the 3rd game, But What about Sunshine? One minute he's our opener the next minute he's batting at 7. I'd just like to see Voge's at least get a game.

PARRA_FAN said:
Hodge is a much better player, probably cause of his batting in the 20/20 games for Victoria. Another top innings for Hodgey he's had 3 good innings in the last 4 games.

that one inning he missed out in was when he was given a dud decision, an lbw when the ball hit him way outside off stump

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
No it does not, not that it will matter anyway as we are just in warm up mode getting ready for the WC.

so's everyone else :roll:

JJ

Immortal
hineyrulz said:
The problem is one game out from the World Cup what can we do?, We've had all summer to get it right. Our bowling at the death is our major worry IMO.

:lol: Cross your fingers... obviously your batsmen can score runs against any attack - problem is in the last year to 18 months you've had the 3 biggest succesful chases posted against you, and some huge unsuccesful ones... everyone knows they're a chance no matter what you score...

I't be good now if Bracewell gave a bit of Buchanan back... something along the lines of "We're quite worried about the lack of competition we're getting hoing into the world cup - after the ridiculously easy win in game 1, we decided to put ourselves under a bit of pressure by choosing to bowl on an excellent wicket - and then deliberately feeding the opposition runs to ensure our batsmen were under some pressure...." :lol: :lol:

Arrogance is not a pretty thing Buck!

HevyDevy

Coach
Well what can I say? Congrats to NZ and they have clearly deserved their two wins.

Australia can't blame the loss of Gilly, Ponting and Clarke on that loss yesterday. We did post 336 after all.

It does show up the incompetence of the Australian selectors though.

Cameron White? Worst bowler in international cricket.

Watson? A myth!!

And Tait? He could bowl at 200km/h but until he gets it in the right place he's going to be canon fodder. That's where Brett Lee is superior, even though he too can be expensive at times.

Symonds is a huge loss at this stage. He is under-rated as that spare bowler.

Australia need the bowling line-up to be McGrath, Lee, Bracken, Johnson and Symonds. After that the depth is looking dodgy.

JJ

Immortal
:clap: hevy

I'm surprise Cameron White is allowed to bowl at any level of cricket - he looked appalling.

Recent events have confirmed to me that Aust are well and truly coming back to the pack, and that the awesome depth often spoken about is a bit of a myth - it was the case with the 32+ generation, but it is certainly not now

simon says

First Grade
I reckon its more a case of the selectors getting the mix of bowlers right.

The batting looks good,and as far as Im concerned the bowling talent coming through looks good,just picking the right guys seems to be the trouble IMO.

Hilfenhaus swings the ball prodigiously and should be there......Cam White is the worst spin bowler I have ever seen and should never bowl again.

And Id like to see Magill get a go.....he is by far the best spinner in the country.

willvillain

Juniors
Haha, only in the same sense that Mick Lewis has retired from ODIs.

Stuey only ever played 3 games, I doubt he'd turn down the chance if he was asked a couple of months ago - but it was never going to happen. Not seen as a ODI player.

aussies1st

Staff member
MacGill + Tait could be a very big total if they are on their wrong day. Having one expensive guy is enough for me. Haurie is probably the best of the lot.

Kiwi

First Grade
When one considers that really, only 2 of the players who have played the last 2 games aren't going to the world cup, it's not as weak a team and people are now making out. If Australia makes the final, only three players would make a difference to that side. Ponting, Symonds and Lee.

HevyDevy

Coach
aussies1st said:
MacGill + Tait could be a very big total if they are on their wrong day. Having one expensive guy is enough for me. Haurie is probably the best of the lot.

Yes but whereas Tait takes 0/60, MacGill takes 3/60.

The selectors are really quite useless. They don't want to play MacGill but they play Cameron White. Whatever ...

El Diablo

Post Whore
HevyDevy said:
Yes but whereas Tait takes 0/60, MacGill takes 3/60.

The selectors are really quite useless. They don't want to play MacGill but they play Cameron White. Whatever ...

MacGill has no hope. he has retired from domestic one dayers.