What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C/H Series : Game 2

Y2Eel

First Grade
JJ said:
:lol: Cross your fingers... obviously your batsmen can score runs against any attack - problem is in the last year to 18 months you've had the 3 biggest succesful chases posted against you, and some huge unsuccesful ones... everyone knows they're a chance no matter what you score...

Well blame Mick Lewis for the one against SA and NZ in 05-06

Y2Eel

First Grade
10 S.E. Bond NZ 684

Thats a bit wrong he should be higher ranked then 10 in the world...

Y2Eel

First Grade
Was he out due to injury? that may explian why...

On Tait he is young He will probable take the most wickets during the world cup(unlikely yes)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gees...Tait doesn't always get smashed, you know...

True, he can be very, very expensive...But when he shows up to play, he can be reasonable and take wickets.

What I find idiotic is that he's been selected for the World Cup, and he's played all of 4 or 5 ODI's and one Test...Thus he has very limited International cricket exposure...

Now, if the plan was to include him from day one, why not play him more? Like, more games during the Commonwealth Bank Tr-Series or something?

Oh yeah, that's right - our selectors are morons.

Timbo

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Put it this way, he doesn't play for NSW so they hate him. Nothing will change. Watson is a damn fine cricketer, but becuase he is from NSW he is crap on these forums!

Hauritz plays for NSW. I still don't rate him as far as I can throw him.

Watson was the best of a bad bunch, he was still ordinary.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You are still anoyed that Crapitch and Clark didn't make the squad. Watson was fine yesterday, he is just starting to hit form!

Timbo

Staff member
I'm annoyed that Clark missed out. Katich has had a decent summer but not enough to earn a recall, however having said that, I think he didn't deserve the axe in the first place.

But still his domestic numbers don't deserve him a place in the squad.

See what I did there locky? It's called being objective. Try it sometime.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Of course Katich didn't deserve to be dropped...his S/R of 60 or whatever was terrible though! Clark didn't deserve his spot, he was poor in the ODI's. But that said even though I am happy Tait got picked, I would have picked Hillfenhaus.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:
Of course Katich didn't deserve to be dropped...his S/R of 60 or whatever was terrible though! Clark didn't deserve his spot, he was poor in the ODI's. But that said even though I am happy Tait got picked, I would have picked Hillfenhaus.
Yep Hilfenhaus, I agree with you there Locky.

JJ

Immortal
Y2Eel said:
Well blame Mick Lewis for the one against SA and NZ in 05-06

Blame whoever you like - they were Australian teams - and Aust now has the honour of the 3 highest ODI run chases against them - all against the current team :lol:

MKEB...

Staff member
I honestly could see no reason for Hilfenhaus to get shafted from The world Cup side. He seemed to have the goods in the couple games that I seen him play. Seems like a perfect 1st change bowler after bracken. I wouldnt really open with him and Bracken though.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
I honestly could see no reason for Hilfenhaus to get shafted from The world Cup side. He seemed to have the goods in the couple games that I seen him play. Seems like a perfect 1st change bowler after bracken. I wouldnt really open with him and Bracken though.
Most people in Australia can't figure out how he couldn't crack the Squad either. If he's not a better bowler than that Nuffie Johnson i'm a bad judge.

MKEB...

Staff member
The main reason I dont rate Johnson is because of the raves when he came to NZ last year and got belted.. it seems nothing changed this year.

Latest posts