What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CA tv rights discussion

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No International limited overs yet more FTA cricket then ever... He has no idea
First he said that’s wrong and then when they re asked him the question he said no there will no no ODI games on FTA. The bloke is an incompetent imbecile and it’s mind boggling the board allowed this absolute clown to have anything to do with negotiations.

Timbo

Staff member
First he said that’s wrong and then when they re asked him the question he said no there will no no ODI games on FTA. The bloke is an incompetent imbecile and it’s mind boggling the board allowed this absolute clown to have anything to do with negotiations.

He's making the Canberra Raiders board look professional and savvy right now.

King hit

Coach
It will be strange not having the cricket on 9 but money talks in the end. Shame just the test matches will be on 7 whilst imo every game involving Australia in Australia must be shown on free to air tv. Seems like my grandmother won't be able to watch a ODI ever again and I will have to watch it on my ipad when I'm out there. At least the big bash will be shown on free to air and that Fox Sports are going to show the shield final and the domestic odi's. I have foxtel so it won't affect me.

I just worry that the commentators will be AFL lovers. When I was reading about the deal the commentators mentioned where Melbourne AFL callers.

franklin2323

Immortal

Channel 7 got shafted big time and the kids of course. Adults can stream or go pubs kids can't. I give limited overs 5-10 year. Crowds have dropped but it always rated well very strange

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Did not see that one coming.

I guess listening to 9 was painful after listening to Clarke, Warne and Chappell. Sadly it hasnt been the same since Benaud passed and Bill is only doing Melbourne matches.

If Ch 7 was to employ the likes to Brayshaw or even an AFL bloke like Taylor, I'm watching Fox Sports.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
So who’s going to wear the cream/the beige/the bone/the off white/the ivory now?

I really hope it’s not bloody Bruce Mcavaney

JW

Coach
I just worry that the commentators will be AFL lovers. When I was reading about the deal the commentators mentioned where Melbourne AFL callers.

You can bet your left nut that's what going to happen.

We may lay crap on Nine's standards, and for good reason, but I have absolutely no confidence that Seven will be able to a better job at Cricket - from production right through the to the choice of talking heads.

Either I heard wrong or FSN was wrong (both are likely) but you are right. All matches not broadcast on TV will be on the CA website though

Sutherland needs to be sacked after that press conference though. Never heard someone sound less confident in what he was saying

Only the final sadly.

King hit

Coach
Would be good if the shield got some regular tv exposure. 1 game broadcast at a time. There is some market for it and it would be good to raise the profile of first class cricket here. The shield has little relevance with the general public and this can be a way of getting knowledge of upcoming and potential test players more into the public eye.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Which will be a good segway for Gould to tell us how his grandma use to crochet great doilies back in the 50’s

Believe me or not, it is spelt 'segue'. A 'segway' is two wheel battery powered transport device.

Please don't get upset.

And while we're on spelling, for the many users out there - it is spelt 'pedestal', not 'pedalstool' which would be a unicycle type seat that doesn't have a wheel.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Cricket Australia have spent the last few years trashing their one day internationals and now its reached the point that free to air broadcasters don't want to show them at current asking prices

Cricket Australia has scheduled way too many 50 over internationals the last few years when the rest of the world now plays more 20 over internationals than 50 overs. Then they trashed their 20 over internationals by only selecting a B side to play the 20 over games (as the test players were always booked to play an overseas test tour)

End result is all their one day internationals became 2nd rate entertainment and now no free to air broadcaster wants them

Cricket generally schedule way too many meaningless internationals anyways and maybe this will be a first step to reducing an overcrowded cricket schedule