Cameron McInnes

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by RedVDragon, Feb 19, 2017.

1. getsmarty

getsmarty First Grade

McInnes up for the NRL grind

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

20 Feb 2017, 11:03 a.m.
    [​IMG]

Cameron McInnes played 70 minutes against the Rabbitohs on Sunday

ST GEORGE Illawarra rake Cameron McInnes believes a tough preseason has the Dragons ready to play a tough grinding style of football come round one despite their Charity Shield loss to his former club on Sunday.

McInnes was among the Dragons best in churning out 80 minutes but admitted a monster Rabbitohs pack was tough to handle under unlimited interchange rules in place for the trial.

“I’d have loved to push out the 80 but it’s still early in the year and I’m still getting the lungs going,” McInnes said.

“It was unlimited interchange and I think if bodies had to stay on there a bit longer we’d probably come over the top of them at the end.

“We’ve done a lot of training together but it’s just fresh guys coming onto the field at all times so you don’t get that 80-minute grind like you get during the regular season.

“There were some good signs there we’ve just got to execute a bit better. We had some ball on their line but we just didn’t come away with the points and let them off the hook.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4478673/mcinnes-up-for-the-nrl-grind/?cs=3713

2. emu62

emu62 Juniors

Spot on Benny V, Havili would provide some great variety around the ruck & cant fault McInnes's first up effort

dragonssamy61, ALSGI and Qdf like this.
  3. Saintsified

Saintsified Juniors

Still think itll be coached out of him, he will be shit before you know it...ala Widdop

4. possm

possm Bench

Havili would be great in the hooker and backrow rotations. 4 real forwards on the bench.

Uplifting likes this.
  5. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

I agree I think having Havili ready for a tired opposition is the way to go...said the same last year but of course Mary gave him limited opportunities

hewi likes this.
  6. Uplifting

Uplifting Juniors

Has anyone notice that Cameron McInness seems to always have bed hair? He has it happening even in the fox sports promo shoot that's on the Dragons website. It's towards the back of his head, but at the top...

7. RufusRex

RufusRex Immortal

I think early season as we blood Field then McCrone needs to be in the 17. If we get to a point where field can start and play 80 then Havili takes the bench spot and McCrone/Widdop can play for the cutters.

8. BennyV

BennyV Coach

Blooding Field should involve a few rounds in the Cutters, he needs kms in his legs against men and he ain't going to get it off the bench. In addition, I maintain that Mann is a better option at this stage, more complete player, already adapted to first grade and should also have his chance to impress in his best position.

BrissyRedV and emu62 like this.
  9. possm

possm Bench

Continuing on in 'safe mode' hasn't delivered success over the past 5 years. It's time to bring in some new blood and even if this is a bit risky, the long term health of our Club would at least have a chance to improve.

10. RufusRex

RufusRex Immortal

If field is not in the team then Havili is on the bench. That is sensible to me.
    If/when field comes in then we need to be able to cover him .. that means mcrone
    Once field proves he is or is not capable then Havili is back.

11. st.phil

st.phil Juniors

solid and it ain't just Cam who pushes the margin re forward passes - all hookers do it

Country Dragon and to_ddeath like this.
  12. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG Juniors

Rein also had to endure two competing five eighths standing both sides of the ruck who demanded the ball at the expense of properly structured attacking plays. This led to numerous breakdowns in communication, and led to an unbalanced perception that Rein provided poor dummy half service.

ALSGI and Old Timer like this.
  13. Old Timer

Old Timer Bench

Well summed up.
    Rein had some faults but what you posted certainly magnified them.
    If he gets on the paddock against in Rd 1 I expect him to go very well.

Saint_JimmyG and ALSGI like this.
  14. JohnnoMcJohnno

JohnnoMcJohnno Juniors

Great. Mcinnis wants to play a tough grinding style of football. Just what we need.

15. BringTheNoise

BringTheNoise Juniors

There was no unbalanced perception about it. Rein provided poor dummy half service.

dragonssamy61 and Country Dragon like this.
  16. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Juniors

We need a player that can get in their faces and niggle the opposition without the penalties . With a bit of luck he might turn out to be another Ennis . I'd be OK with that ....

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  17. since77

since77 Juniors

lol. Rein's lack of ability as a competent dummy half was the sole reason he provided poor service. He couldn't even consistently complete a pass onto the chest of a forward taking a standard hitup. Rein will spend most of the year in NSW Cup, where he belongs.

The fact that Rein played 1st grade all of last season when we had a better option in Havili is another indictment on the joke of a coach we have had to endure for the last few years.

18. BringTheNoise

BringTheNoise Juniors

Let's all just take a moment to think about the fact that @Saint_JimmyG is blaming Rein's inability to pass on the fact he had 2 halves either side of the ruck calling for the ball at the same time.

19. BennyV

BennyV Coach

A lot of his poor service was to forwards who had to alter their runs in order to catch his passes that were either mistimed, over their head or way in front of them. There is nothing unbalanced about Rein's poor dummy half service. His poor decision making could partially be blamed on the competing halves, however I'm not sure that made him constantly run from dummy half of the 4th and stop our momentum.

Saint_JimmyG likes this.
  20. BestHookerRein

BestHookerRein Juniors

Not enough scoots from dummy half, tbh