What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith

What will happen to Cam Smith?

• Charged - found guilty at judiciary and misses 1 or 2 matches

Votes: 131 61.8%
  • Charged - found guilty but downgraded, misses 0 matches

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Charged - found innocent

Votes: 23 10.8%
  • Not Charged

Votes: 29 13.7%

• Total voters

Glenn

First Grade
Should be gone for two weeks (taking into account 93 carry over pointd plus loading for a repeat offence), but the NRL will probably find a way to sweep it under the carpet.

AILD

Bench
Should be gone for two weeks (taking into account 93 carry over pointd plus loading for a repeat offence), but the NRL will probably find a way to sweep it under the carpet.

yeah coz storm players always get off at the judiciary, right? :roll:

Glenn

First Grade
No because the NRL has a history of making sure the high profile players can avoid missing out on important games. (SoO,Tests,GF)

Squae

Juniors
That tackle was dead set shocking. If he is around for the finals than the judiciary is a joke!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No because the NRL has a history of making sure the high profile players can avoid missing out on important games. (SoO,Tests,GF)

Exactly. Taking the guilty plea is the easy option during ther regular season, but it's been shown when players actually contest charges the flawed judiciary system is usually exposed and a fair amount get off.

Smith's biggest problem is going to be the trial by media that will occur over the next couple of days. Forget who started it, forget what team the play for blah blah, the fact is League fans are sick of wrestling and want it stamped out of the game, and that opinion is going to get voiced pretty loudly forcing the NRL to at least attempt to look like they're doing something.

The footage clearly shows Smith with one hand under Thaiday's chin and another around the back, what could he of been doing if he wasn't grappling?

sass

Juniors
I'm sure your denail also made you miss the article from earlier in the year showing the storm aren't the worst offenders.... And just for you all to read here is the article...
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24109880-11088,00.html

I said this already when there was a thread about this article - but the question of who gets reported or in trouble the most for grapples means nothing when what people are complaining about are refs and the judiciary and the nrl IGNORING it.

that article annoys me.

it was a grapple and nothing will be done about it because the nrl seem to hate big name players missing big games.

smeghead

Bench
The modern game of NRL is a joke now. Every season it moves further away from the pure nature of the game. It is sad that in this the games centenary year only one team is playing the game like it should be. Even for them this garbage of "winning the ruck" is part of their game.

Seriously people you want to watch real football how it supposed to be played than don't bother with the NRL. State Cup, Qld Cup and A Grade comps are played the way the game should be played. Hard, bruising and real. The reffs and rule makers and tactics of clubs like the Storm have yet to effect this level of football and it makes it a pleasure to watch.

On the Smith incident I really can't comment as I just don't watch Storm games unless my team is involved

sass

Juniors
Players now have been conditioned to make grapples look worse than they are (Ennis anyone) to get a penalty, which is all well and good but it makes it hard to know what really goes on and if a grapple/chicken wing or what ever fancy name you want to call it tackle is legitimate at all.

yeah and the nrl should be ashamed of themselves! years of saying they'll stamp out the grapple and they've done nothing - and the players and the teams have learned that the only way they can get a penalty out of it is with soccer-esque pantomime whinging. I'd be whingy and dramatical too if I was a player (on any team - cause god knows storm aren't the only ones who grapple)

CRACK THE WHIP NRL. NO DEALS FOR ANYBODY!

sass

Juniors
The modern game of NRL is a joke now. Every season it moves further away from the pure nature of the game. It is sad that in this the games centenary year only one team is playing the game like it should be. Even for them this garbage of "winning the ruck" is part of their game.

agreed! it's not fun to watch and I bet you anything it's not fun to play.

I hate knowing that melbourne or the sharks are definitely making it to the gf. I don't wanna watch most of the football they play in a grand final.

the only reason people don't say the storm are as boring as the sharks this year are because they have freaks like inglis to break up the monotony in attack.

Moffo

Referee
of course he will get off, news limited do run the game after all. ffs wake up to yourselves

Garts

Bench
If there is any justice he will miss the GF, however I suspect he will somehow get out of it to some degree and only get 1 week.

jc155776

Coach
Bump

Need more storm hate.

All you Sydney folk get to SFS friday night to boo the f**k out the Melbourne scum.

Stained_Class

Juniors
The only difference between that tackle and a million others done by other sides, is the media beat up, and you head nodding blowhards who swallow everything the media dishes out like ten buck hookers!

Makes sense. The Storm are the whores of the NRL after all.

Stained_Class

Juniors
Um, check your facts. The Storm are NOT the only sinners in this comp, get your head out of your arse you look stupid!
Did they deserve to win? f**k YEAH!

The only "going down" is happening in dunny cubicles in Brisbane.
Sore loser much?

Ignorant winner much?

Ryan

Juniors
As a Manly fan, I want him to get no charge, and play us in the Grand Final IF we make it.

I only want to play fully fit, all players available squads.

To that end, I hope The Sharks give Bird another shot. Mistakes happen (his was one of the worst) but his missus doesn't want to lay charges, and want to remain with him.

That said, my preferred GF would be Sharks / Manly (all Sydney).

Imagine Melbourne / NZ (played out of Sydney - YAAAAAWN !)

Latest posts