What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders ready to pounce on rival big men as salary cap squeeze sets in

Rhyno

First Grade
A quote from Eeks statement

"The Parramatta Eels made a substantial offer to retain Junior Paulo."

But they couldn't match the raiders massive offer

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Haha all clubs say that. The facts are we have the entire spine, papalii, Boyd and the two starting centres locked up until the 2018. With FPN and Vaughan off contract at the end of 17 I would say that Vaughan will be upgraded and frank will be moved on.

Cry into your cornflakes rhyno.

Bazal

Post Whore
A quote from Eeks statement

"The Parramatta Eels made a substantial offer to retain Junior Paulo."

But they couldn't match the raiders massive offer

1-The Raiders paid more than we offered, but they doesn't mean they paid a ludicrous amount. BA wasn't willing to pay over what we offered based on his discipline issues thus far.

2-I think Tyran Smith is his manager, he is also Will Hopoates manager and apparently was the reason Josh Ailoai left as well. He is rumoured to not want any of his clients to deal with Parramatta after the Hoppa saga, so that wouldn't have helped if true.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
You guys have salary cap drama too. I hate how the nrl is going after you guys when worse offenders have basically no cap but you are being looked at. I also see you guys struggling to get out of paying hoppas contract tbh. It was agreed upon. This lodged with the nrl shit only works because no club challenges it.

Back when you guys signed papalii if you had gone after him legally it would have been very interesting. Clauses like that exists because of good will.

I'm not a lawyer mind lol

If we are successful the same thing will happen to us in 18. It will be about trying to keep Hodgson and other key players and thus we might lose good players to keep them.

Last edited:

Rhyno

First Grade
Holly Sh!t

I was just reading the other Eels site not the one on LU
and I shocked to read members saying that word on the street is the nrl could de-register Paulo for 1-2 years for clear breech of contract for playing for a rival code with out consent

Last edited:

Rhyno

First Grade
It's said on April 30th he played a rugby union match wearing head gear to hide his identity and signing up under a fake name.

It'd be hilarious if he is suspended for the 2years of the raiders contact than comes back to the Eels without playing a game for raiders

Zadar

Juniors
Holly Sh!t

I was just reading the other Eels site not the one on LU
and I shocked to read members saying that word on the street is the nrl could de-register Paulo for 1-2 years for clear breech of contract for playing for a rival code with out consent

Does the raiders possibly not having paulo play for them make you feel that much better that your cheating club still won't be competitive for years?

gitano

Juniors
Dragons are gonna roll straight on through you blokes tomorrow night. It's gonna be enjoyable seeing your touch footy side exposed. :cool:

Rhyno

First Grade
I told you's in the confirmed signing thread in the nrl section that Paulo has a lot of personal problems and going down to Canberra with all the bikies and criminal figures down there will be bad for him

isaiah

Bench
Hoping to get the win v manly to start my 7/7 tipping weekend. I tipped the raiders to make top 4 at seasons start. Just based on Sezer adding to what Austin and Hodgson did last year.

Rhyno

First Grade
All over the other eels site that Jr is unhappy so is Ricky

(Not trolling looking it up for yourself )

nick87

Coach
Rhyno's commitment to this is actually rather impressive
Enjoy the off season, troll
And make sure to tune into the Hayne planes return game tomorrow

Latest posts