What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cayless or Waerea-Hargreaves?

Who was better?

• Waerea-Hargreaves

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Cayless

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Amadaca

Juniors
Clearly our dominant two front-rowers during our premierships of 02 & 13 (no disrespect to Moa & Cusack, neither of whom we could've done without). Who was better?

Close one.

Last edited:

moga

Juniors
If JWH can reproduce his form of the last 2 seasons he will be the man, until then JC holds the mantle.

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
Cayless was never the best prop in the game.

JWH is the best with the length of the straight behind him.

Also, the Yak deserves a lot more credit than he is given.

Chook

First Grade
The Yak was always one of my favs, unheralded, underrated, uncompromising.

Sam Moa reminds me a lot of him in the way he plays.

I love JWH and the way he plays. That face butt on Horo in the GF is one of my favourite moments. Check out the Big League or Rugby League Week poster of our winning team, JWH is grabbing a handful as he celebrates.:lol:

Chook.

Amadaca

Juniors
Cayless was never the best prop in the game.

JWH is the best with the length of the straight behind him.

Also, the Yak deserves a lot more credit than he is given.

You are aware that Cayless was playing in the days of a prime Webcke & O'Meley, right? To say nothing of guys like Civoniceva & an uninjured Asotasi.

The Prop standards are way down since 2002. Fact is, today Waerea-Hargreaves' only competition for best Front-Rower in the world is Andrew Fifita (I'll agree with you that our boy is the best, but surely you can't say with a straight face he is streets ahead of Fifita). Cayless' era had a lot more quality so you can't rule him out on that logic.

Last edited:

Amadaca

Juniors
The Yak was always one of my favs, unheralded, underrated, uncompromising.

Sam Moa reminds me a lot of him in the way he plays.

I love JWH and the way he plays. That face butt on Horo in the GF is one of my favourite moments. Check out the Big League or Rugby League Week poster of our winning team, JWH is grabbing a handful as he celebrates.:lol:

Chook.

Do you rate Waerea-Hargreaves as better than Cayless, though?

Johnny Tobin

Juniors
You are aware that Cayless was playing in the days of a prime Webcke & O'Meley, right? To say nothing of guys like Civoniceva & an uninjured Asotasi.

The Prop standards are way down since 2002. Fact is, today Waerea-Hargreaves' only competition for best Front-Rower in the world is Andrew Fifita (I'll agree with you that our boy is the best, but surely you can't say with a straight face he is streets ahead of Fifita). Cayless' era had a lot more quality so you can't rule him out on that logic.

I am aware of that. Thanks.

I liked Cayless a lot but I think JWH is better. Much better.

Zadar

Juniors
Clearly our dominant two front-rowers during our premierships of 02 & 13 (no disrespect to Moa & Cusack, neither of whom we could've done without). Who was better?

Close one.

i would have salvatori,morley,hermanson,lowrie,yak over the caveman.

natheel

Coach
so cut when you guys poached Cayless off us. But he needed a start somewhere. Turned into quite the first grader.

I'd go JWH though.as much as i dislike him i think he adds more from an individuals game than Cayless did. JWH is like Fui was for us in 09. Even though you guys have some blokes that can conjure something from nothing JWH gets the team on the front foot with one of his barging runs. Can pump players up as he seems to have an addictive personality on the field.

Cayless was much like his brother quiet and shy but only talked when needed too but lead by example.

natheel

Coach
Poached Cayless? :lol: the fail never stops with you

Yes poached, started to show some form etc and promise. Made the city origin side with us in 2001 and then left to take up a offer at roosters...he had only played 24 games for us before he left. Was only 20 when you got him. Does that not mean poached? When you take a clubs young junior?

Last edited:
Yes poached, started to show some form etc and promise. Made the city origin side with us in 2001 and then left to take up a offer at roosters...he had only played 24 games for us before he left. Was only 20 when you got him. Does that not mean poached? When you take a clubs young junior?

At least we didn't have to resort to poaching a loser like Nathan peats :lol:

LOL

Really? I suppose Willie Tonga was poached as well :lol:

*cough David Solomona cough*

Keep on failing, 0% strike rate

natheel

Coach
LOL

Really? I suppose Willie Tonga was poached as well :lol:

*cough David Solomona cough*

Keep on failing, 0% strike rate

Please feel free to block me as apparently I know shit all about rugby league to suit you

Because I know after this you're on my blocked list

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts