What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CC Bears Should take Legal Action

Frailty

First Grade
Listen, idiot.
Nothing in demographics changed so much that the central coast/north shore combination would still not be a powerful addition for the NRL. But morons like you argue that there was some seismic shift that changed everything.

Note this: there are a lot of people (from a range of organisations) who would be extremely concerned if the events of 1999 were brought clearly to light. In my opinion, if the CC Bears are about to be rorted again, they should go hard and make an absolute shitfight out of this whole issue stemming back from the 90's to today.

As for the argument that this would damage the game - that's irrelevant. The greatest damage done to this game was the gutless sellout to News Limited and the attempted assassination of two foundation clubs.

ROFL... Do you think they could sue?

It's funny that you continue to express this Bears' Right..

As for assassination of foundation clubs - do you hold the same sympathy for Glebe (voted out of NSWRL for no reason)? Or even perhaps Newtown?

Why didn't Norths have any home games in 1999?

BDGS

Bench
ROFL... Do you think they could sue?

It's funny that you continue to express this Bears' Right..

As for assassination of foundation clubs - do you hold the same sympathy for Glebe (voted out of NSWRL for no reason)? Or even perhaps Newtown?

Why didn't Norths have any home games in 1999?

I thought the NSWRL changed the territory boundaries without warning that led to Glebe having little to no territory and that was the end of them, not some kind of vote them out process.

I also thought that their land went to Balmain under the new territory rules.

Frailty

First Grade
I thought the NSWRL changed the territory boundaries without warning that led to Glebe having little to no territory and that was the end of them, not some kind of vote them out process.

I also thought that their land went to Balmain under the new territory rules.

There was a vote to expel Glebe from the NSWRL. It is thought to be because of a deal between Souths and Balmain to takeover the area (which is where your thoughts have come from). But essentially the vote to expel them came first and then the change in territory boundaries.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Listen, idiot.
Nothing in demographics changed so much that the central coast/north shore combination would still not be a powerful addition for the NRL. But morons like you argue that there was some seismic shift that changed everything.
Yes. Broadcasters changed everything.

Note this: there are a lot of people (from a range of organisations) who would be extremely concerned if the events of 1999 were brought clearly to light. In my opinion, if the CC Bears are about to be rorted again, they should go hard and make an absolute shitfight out of this whole issue stemming back from the 90's to today.

As for the argument that this would damage the game - that's irrelevant. The greatest damage done to this game was the gutless sellout to News Limited and the attempted assassination of two foundation clubs.

I love how much you care for the stability of the game.

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
The sad Fact is they didnt meet the criteria! No promises were made to any team.
playing facilities, club administration, clubs solvency
and input into the development of the game were the basic criteria and Norffs had no Playing facilities ( bad weather stopping work on Bluetongue) and also ended up insolvent. No conspiracy just bad timing

Beowulf

Juniors
Won't need legal action...Bears in 2014 and either WA Reds (or a relocated Syd team to Perth) or Ipswich in 2015....the NRL are seriously looking at staggered entry, same as Suns/GWS in AFL to allow most concentration on establishing a team in the west as the Bears don't need any assistance. Bears and Reds most likely combo.

The whole ' To Bears or not to Bears' argument aside, the contention that the Central Coast is, or will be considered, a part of Sydney is wrong. It is wrong in fact, wrong in geography and wrong in common sense.
To say that the extensive National Parks system that sits between the two will be eaten up by housing developments in the next twenty years, as one poster claims, is abject nonsense. All such an argument does is damage to one's credibility. You can have a different opinion by all means but when you go to the length of making up hysterical arguments like that you render yourself irrelevant and subject to ridicule.
Proximity aside, the Central Coast is as much Sydney as the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast are Brisbane. Indeed the corridors linking the Gold and Sunshine coasts will become homogeneous with Brisbane in terms of housing infrastructure a long, long time before Sydney and the CC ever will.
I live in Sydney, my parents live on the CC. They are two different places. Sure, it takes almost as long to drive up and see them as it would for me to drive to Cronulla to see the Sharks play due to the geography of where I live in Sydney and the prevailing road systems. Hence the transit time arguments are valid. The homogeneity arguments are not.

Thank you for common sense. Let's hope it prevails in here!

applesauce

Bench
The whole ' To Bears or not to Bears' argument aside, the contention that the Central Coast is, or will be considered, a part of Sydney is wrong. It is wrong in fact, wrong in geography and wrong in common sense.
To say that the extensive National Parks system that sits between the two will be eaten up by housing developments in the next twenty years, as one poster claims, is abject nonsense. All such an argument does is damage to one's credibility. You can have a different opinion by all means but when you go to the length of making up hysterical arguments like that you render yourself irrelevant and subject to ridicule.
Proximity aside, the Central Coast is as much Sydney as the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast are Brisbane. Indeed the corridors linking the Gold and Sunshine coasts will become homogeneous with Brisbane in terms of housing infrastructure a long, long time before Sydney and the CC ever will.
I live in Sydney, my parents live on the CC. They are two different places. Sure, it takes almost as long to drive up and see them as it would for me to drive to Cronulla to see the Sharks play due to the geography of where I live in Sydney and the prevailing road systems. Hence the transit time arguments are valid. The homogeneity arguments are not.

FFS the CC is a part of Sydney where it counts. OZTAM have the CC in the Sydney METRO catchment.

You can't be half pregnant... As I have talked about here plenty of times with CC fans.

The CC, if truly a CC team does not add enough to the TV rights (if hypothetically it was "regional") and the overall catchment compared to Brisbane ~2.5mill and Perth ~2mill is not significant enough (with the Knights and Manly close enough).

But unfortunately the CC is under the OZTAM ratings is a Sydney base, since when was Channel9 etc short of finding a local team to reach a target market in Sydney???

The Broncos have 17 FNF matches by round 21... Speaks volumes for the lack of rateable options they can put on in SEQLD for QLD's first live FNF match. While Perth opens up new timeslots and markets while making the advertising dollar our game can muster larger through national coverage.

I don't have anything against the Bears - if the bid was in Brisbane I would be all over it like white on rice - but the CC for the most important TV deal ever just doesn't offer AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.....imo.

FFS the CC is a part of Sydney where it counts. OZTAM have the CC in the Sydney METRO catchment.

You can't be half pregnant... As I have talked about here plenty of times with CC fans.

The CC, if truly a CC team does not add enough to the TV rights (if hypothetically it was "regional") and the overall catchment compared to Brisbane ~2.5mill and Perth ~2mill is not significant enough (with the Knights and Manly close enough).

But unfortunately the CC is under the OZTAM ratings is a Sydney base, since when was Channel9 etc short of finding a local team to reach a target market in Sydney???

The Broncos have 17 FNF matches by round 21... Speaks volumes for the lack of rateable options they can put on in SEQLD for QLD's first live FNF match. While Perth opens up new timeslots and markets while making the advertising dollar our game can muster larger through national coverage.

I don't have anything against the Bears - if the bid was in Brisbane I would be all over it like white on rice - but the CC for the most important TV deal ever just doesn't offer AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.....imo.

On the contrary, you have been nitpicking any negatives that the bears bid might have since 09. So to say you have nothing against the bid is bullocks.

Also by your views then the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast must also be part of Brisbane? Ofcourse if you answer no then the same principal applies to the Central Coast and Sydney. If you say yes then I suggest you go back to school and retake not only geography but history too.

As I keep mentioning, if the NRL and Gallop see the CC as a strategic expansion area, then who are you or anyone else to claim otherwise?

*edit* could the mods merge this thread into the CCBears thread?

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
On the contrary, you have been nitpicking any negatives that the bears bid might have since 09. So to say you have nothing against the bid is bullocks.

I am a paid up member of the Bears bid...:roll: (before a word was uttered about a 2nd BNE team). Where was I in 2009? ;-)

Also by your views then the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast must also be part of Brisbane? Ofcourse if you answer no then the same principal applies to the Central Coast and Sydney. If you say yes then I suggest you go back to school and retake not only geography but history too.

In terms of TV revenue YES...:roll:

But unlike a 9team Sydney market there are only 2 in SEQLD (with one poorly engaging the major population base, which is not a problem in Sydney). :lol: Talk about consistently missing the point.

As I keep mentioning, if the NRL and Gallop see the CC as a strategic expansion area, then who are you or anyone else to claim otherwise?

Nothing Gallop believes in holds much weight with me.

I am a paid up member of the Bears bid...:roll: (before a word was uttered about a 2nd BNE team). Where was I in 2009? ;-)

In terms of TV revenue YES...:roll:

But unlike a 9team Sydney market there are only 2 in SEQLD (with one poorly engaging the major population base, which is not a problem in Sydney). :lol: Talk about consistently missing the point.

Nothing Gallop believes in holds much weight with me.

If you say so Mr. A. Bach. Though you consistently miss the point that CC is not and never has been Sydney.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Oversaturated Sydney market + Central Coast regarded as Sydney by broadcasters + TV deal biggest form of revenue for code = no to Central Coast expansion at this stage.

lockyrulz

Juniors
Oversaturated Sydney market + Central Coast regarded as Sydney by broadcasters + TV deal biggest form of revenue for code = no to Central Coast expansion at this stage.

And this is the point the bear fondlers on here continue to fail to understand.

Sadly for them, it is also the most critical point.

bottle

Coach

Mate I'm not arguing any of that with you, I accept that there are many valid arguments against the CC and for say a 2nd Qld team. Despite my fondness for seeing a readmitted Bears, I see the flaws. I try to stay objective.
That said, arguments that the CC is a part of Sydney, geographically, are wrong. I won't buy into that, nor will I buy into the histrionics of housing developments in the National Parks. I don't know if you are familiar with this part of the world, but trust me, that ain't gonna happen in our or our grandkids lifetimes.

applesauce

Bench
Mate I'm not arguing any of that with you, I accept that there are many valid arguments against the CC and for say a 2nd Qld team. Despite my fondness for seeing a readmitted Bears, I see the flaws. I try to stay objective.
That said, arguments that the CC is a part of Sydney, geographically, are wrong. I won't buy into that, nor will I buy into the histrionics of housing developments in the National Parks. I don't know if you are familiar with this part of the world, but trust me, that ain't gonna happen in our or our grandkids lifetimes.

Please direct me to the point where I said they were part of Sydney geographically...?

If that was the case my point about populations of BNE & WA vs the CC would be invalid.:?

bottle

Coach
Please direct me to the point where I said they were part of Sydney geographically...?

If that was the case my point about populations of BNE & WA vs the CC would be invalid.:?

Not you, others. But you responded to me and I was responding to you responding to me, you know.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
And this is the point the bear fondlers on here continue to fail to understand.

Sadly for them, it is also the most critical point.

Again, big bullshit call with zero backup - just like "not enough decent players in the NRL".

If rugby league was a decent, professionally run business, then the CC Bears would have been appreciated and supported - not continually cheated for 12 years.

However, the expansion decision is likely to be made in favour of which good ol' boy needs a job and some extra income - not what's best for the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sad thing is if it wasn't for the Bears, and later the WARL, the NRL wouldn't even be considering expanding. Its only the hard work of these two groups that has forced the NRL to consider expansion and it will be a great shame if all that work isn't recognised for the Bears. It is a tough one as I can see how a 2nd Brisbane team is more needed, Perth should be a no brainer but Bears deserve a team. Just a shame that the NRL didn;t have the foresight to work with them to pick out the best strategic city to work up their bid.