What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears NRL Bid.

RoosTah

Juniors
Apart from a feel good for old NSW fans what would having the Bears take over someone or be a brand for a new team offer?
Surely better Manly absorbs the Jnr areas to strengten their player development. Leagues club isnt making much money. Nostalgia aside wheres the pluses?
Yeah, 100%. It's been far too long now for us to worry about that identity unless the central coast hits 1 million people and looks like it can genuinely support a team (so maybe in 30 years).

I'd much rather the Perth team have their own authentic and locally developed identity, and Pirates is precisely that.

paulmac

Juniors
Make of it what you will but Gary Larson has just moved to the GC.I heard Greg Florimo was also looking at houses up here.GC Bears might not be dead after all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where would bears get the $'S from to buy the license and cobpver the current trading deficit? The LC isn't making huge profits.

flippikat

Bench
Make of it what you will but Gary Larson has just moved to the GC.I heard Greg Florimo was also looking at houses up here.GC Bears might not be dead after all.

Would be cool if it happened - it always struck me as weird seeing a Queensland club in a (mostly) light blue jersey. Sure Manly play in maroon, but that just adds to the "everyone else in Sydney hates us" narrative.

paulmac

Juniors
I'd be a very happy little vegemite if they could still play one game a season at North Sydney Oval; so many great memories at that place.
That would be the ideal scenario.1 game at NSO ( v Manly) 11 games at Robina. Eventually over time the Red could become a dirty red(almost maroon) to satisfy the QLD fan base.

Diesel

Referee
Has the NRL given a timeline when they want to sell the Titans? Newcastle has a late 2018 deadline

Perth Red

Post Whore
I suspect if buyers are out there they are waiting to see what the NRL grant/salary cap will be post 2018 and how viable a business it will make these clubs before committing.

siv

First Grade
I suspect the Bears would take any option available

Looks more like the NRL is trying to maximise the sale rather handover responsibility

jim_57

Staff member
That would be the ideal scenario.1 game at NSO ( v Manly) 11 games at Robina. Eventually over time the Red could become a dirty red(almost maroon) to satisfy the QLD fan base.

How do the Cowboys get on then? Any mong who won't support a QLD club side because they don't have Maroon in their colours is already a Broncos fan.

Titans - Ocean Blue, Navy Blue & Gold
Or
Bears - Red & Black

No Maroon needed to further complicate things.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I suspect if buyers are out there they are waiting to see what the NRL grant/salary cap will be post 2018 and how viable a business it will make these clubs before committing.
The buyers are ready to go. The NRL is reportedly waiting for the funding debacle to blow over before selling them.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...l/news-story/6703c085079f2f5e8b590a6f4dfb7a58

Kelly confirmed he was still committed to buying the Gold Coast franchise once the NRL finds stability from the funding crisis engulfing the game.

After tipping millions of his personal wealth into the Titans, Kelly was honoured this week by having the club’s new locker room named after him.

He has assembled a group of local investors who are willing to buy the club from the NRL, who saved it from collapse last February.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Makes a lot of sense to wait for the funding issues to be complete. Let the bidding begin.

The last thing the Gold Coast needs are the bears to high-jack there team.

alien

Referee
So if the Bears buy the Gold Coast Titans, will they definitely change the name of the Gold Coast Titans to Gold Coast Bears?

Latest posts